freaky, noisy record done completely with the Axe

adam

Inspired
hello peoples,

in november, 2010, we rented a space in downtown san francisco (the nastiest corner we could find), built a makeshift studio and recorded 30 days of improvisations. then we spent the next gazillion months carving up 8 (of around 45) jams to make this little set.

it's about 45 minutes of trippy, dancey, psychedelic, instrumental music, so it ain't gonna be for everyone...

i used an ultra for every guitar sound (a lot of which probably doesn't sound remotely like guitar). there's lots of stuff happening throughout every track.

there's post stuff as well (compression, reverb and extra delay here and there, but the meat of the sounds is all Axe-Fx - and a bit of wackiness)

i've been using the Axe II (which is why i'm also posting in this forum) for the live versions, and am getting even better results, including some really crazy dubstep-type things, which i'll post at some point.

our album video trailor (if nothing else, check this out, cause it's silllly):

doppio album trailer (full version) - YouTube

our website, where you can listen to the album for free (or buy it):

doppio

and our facebook:

doppio | Facebook

thanks for your tolerance! :)

adam

Thank you for posting this!

I definitely gravitate toward sounds like these when it comes to guitar. I've been on the fence about buying an AF Ultra or II and there haven't been any demos that really grabbed my attention until now.

Just to clarify, how much of what I heard in the video is just your Ultra? I saw a bunch of other effects, but just wanted to make sure.

thanks. i know this stuff is a bit odd around here :)

the only stuff that's not the ultra is if we added a bit of compression, extra delay or verb during the mix. the video is just little bits of the tracks, so there's a lot of different guitar noises happening all over, all of which are through the ultra.

there's more power in the II (of course), so i'm able to get a lot of additional things happening within a preset, plus the amp sounds are killer, so there's still tone happening within the kookiness.
what i find really interesting, is that the axe responds so dynamically, that i can have all sorts of different variations and possibilities within one sound.

Back
Top Bottom