Frapple?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont compare fractal to crapple. Fractal updated the Fx II for a very long time for free and didnt slow down the older axe fx II in order for you to buy the new one. Cliff also removed the older firmwares on the Mark I and II to keep updating the mark Is and IIs. Apple would have never done that. Also fractal has been making stupid moves with its products (iPhone X anyone?)

Re-read what he said. There is not a shred of truth in what he wrote. You're putting words where none were. In all honesty, his statement is entirely false.

He says you can't use it at all. You said you can use it. I said you can use it but with reduced functionality. What did I say that is wrong???

He says you can't use it at all. You said you can use it. I said you can use it but with reduced functionality. What did I say that is wrong???
You quoted me and said I was wrong. I was not wrong to call his statement false. It is. Completely. I said absolutely nothing else. You've made up the part where I said anything else.

I don't mean any harm by saying this and I'm half-joking when I say that people really need to stop complaining about the "III" coming out. Honestly, and again not trying to be a jerk, but this is a great thing that an awesome product has kept getting better and better.

This isn't like jumping from a single BOSS pedal up to a full effects rack. I still use an Axe-Fx II and am completely happy with it and still sounds incredible! I might eventually step up to one of these units but not in any huge hurry.

I think people need to realize that XL owners have plenty of time to get use out of their units. Do you realize how long it could take for you to get an actual "III" in your hands even if you are on a list? I was on a list for the "II" and it took forever to get one of those. Now that Fractal is expanded it is going to take longer to get these units out to professionals, people on this huge list, etc.

Bottom line, keep playing your XL and just relax and see what happens. Be happy that something like this is coming out. If it is as awesome as advertised then we are all in for a real treat!

I agree. Many times I've said that if all dev stopped today (and this was before the III was announced) I would be beyond happy for a looong time.

You quoted me and said I was wrong. I was not wrong to call his statement false. It is. Completely. I said absolutely nothing else. You've made up the part where I said anything else.

Well actually, I said there were caveats to using the MFC & my real point was wondering out loud why the MFC couldn't be better implemented with the III. Not trying to start a battle. I don't know if I will buy the III yet or how I would control it. I'm pretty sure if I did buy it, I would at least see how the MFC works with the III. I think the potential plus with the FC6 & 12 is since they are like dumb terminals, they should be much cheaper than the MFC was so it could end up being a no brainer to get one. It all remains to be seen & I have no problem at all with Fractal improving & updating their hardware!!!

Last edited:
This is directly from Cliff when someone asked about how different the "III" tones are from the "II":

"A little but not drastically. It's a new platform. It will grow over time. It was time for an updated platform. TigerSHARCs are discontinued, the interface was dated, etc. The III is what the II would be if we could've upgraded the hardware via a firmware update."

The "III" will get better with new firmware updates just like what we have now. There are increased ins and outs, more options, etc. but my point was that this is not like a night and day type thing. The main core Fractal tone has already set the standard.

Show me .... Hookup your MFC to the Axe III and SHOW US how it works.
It works exactly like a MIDI controller works. What's to be shown? What is false is that it doesn't work at all. Which is precisely what the OP claimed. I'll quote it again here if it helps to recall what was written:

You can't use your old peripherals with it, you have to buy the new "Frapple" proprietary pedal with the new proprietary connection.

What is happening....

There is no obligation for anyone to show how anything works. The product was announced just days ago.

Please stop taunting the beta team and FAS staff with “prove things to us now.”

People are asking questions and we are answering many of them. Some don’t like the answers and negativity is happening over this product that hasn’t been released yet. If people want to ask us questions and then not believe our answers, that’s your call.

The Axe-Fx II is great. It sounds the best it ever has. This is over years of constant work and testing. Does the Axe-Fx III sound better already? Yes, yes it does. Cliff himself said it’s not a drastic difference at this time. But it does already sound better.

Again, it’s been 5 days. I think the fact that the beta team and staff is NOT putting out videos and running our mouths starting threads shows how we aren’t trying to falsely hype things up.

It’s FAS. Look at the legacy of the Standard/Ultra and the II. Years of free updates. “The best tone I’ve ever had” according to many forum members here. Now we are moving to a new product 10 years after the original has been introduced. Tech and resources are so different now than it was before, it isn’t really surprising that a new product is using different protocols.

Right now there is a waitlist. You sign up, and wait for your turn to order. If at that point you don’t want to buy it, you can pass. No one is really committed to buying at this point. Also, Cliff is already taking forum/customer feedback into consideration in his forum posts for a product that only a handful of people are actually using.

The Axe-Fx III is a very exciting unit. I’m blown away by what it can do and think it is an amazing evolution of the products we already love. Let’s all group hug, take a step back, and enjoy the gear we have, and give some time to learn about the new gear coming out.

I’m going to lock this thread because the way topic is phrased will just inherently cause arguments, mostly over conjecture and speculation.

What is happening....

There is no obligation for anyone to show how anything works. The product was announced just days ago.

Please stop taunting the beta team and FAS staff with “prove things to us now.”

People are asking questions and we are answering many of them. Some don’t like the answers and negativity is happening over this product that hasn’t been released yet. If people want to ask us questions and then not believe our answers, that’s your call.

The Axe-Fx II is great. It sounds the best it ever has. This is over years of constant work and testing. Does the Axe-Fx III sound better already? Yes, yes it does. Cliff himself said it’s not a drastic difference at this time. But it does already sound better.

Again, it’s been 5 days. I think the fact that the beta team and staff is NOT putting out videos and running our mouths starting threads shows how we aren’t trying to falsely hype things up.

It’s FAS. Look at the legacy of the Standard/Ultra and the II. Years of free updates. “The best tone I’ve ever had” according to many forum members here. Now we are moving to a new product 10 years after the original has been introduced. Tech and resources are so different now than it was before, it isn’t really surprising that a new product is using different protocols.

Right now there is a waitlist. You sign up, and wait for your turn to order. If at that point you don’t want to buy it, you can pass. No one is really committed to buying at this point. Also, Cliff is already taking forum/customer feedback into consideration in his forum posts for a product that only a handful of people are actually using.

The Axe-Fx III is a very exciting unit. I’m blown away by what it can do and think it is an amazing evolution of the products we already love. Let’s all group hug, take a step back, and enjoy the gear we have, and give some time to learn about the new gear coming out.

All of this, Chris.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom