Framus Cobra tone on Slipknot's Psychosocial

harsh

Inspired

I know Slipknot used Orange amps on the album, but the guitars here are a tone match of a Framus Cobra. Let me know what you all think, and if you'd like the patch. Just to warn you, I find the the patch too gainy and bassy for live use, but sounds great to record with - you may have to tweak to compensate.

I LOVE IT!!!! Finally some Slipknot! great sounding stuff! It seems kind of hollow for some reason too.

That's so dang close! I think with some different IR's you'll nail it perfect!

Would love to try this patch

Hey guys. By "notchy" and "hollow", u mean the mids sound scooped? I think it's my mixing that's the culprit - I put too much stereo spread on the highs and mids on the guitar tracks. I think that's causing the hollowness. I'll get rid of that and post tomorrow if anyone is interested. Sounds pretty pretty full without the spread, but I was trying to avoid having the guitars sounding mono. Anyway, keep the feedback coming - it helps me learn. And thanks :)

That's too weird cause I was working on the same tune hahaha. I had a killa preset on my line6 years ago for this tone

If ya don't mind here's mine (instead of strating another slipknot thread. I'll delete the link if you dont want it here OP) I've been workin on tunes with fairly easy bar chords due to my current restrictions:D

Back
Top Bottom