AFIII Frakkin' Camo. Single-tracked. (Metal-content)

Valhallir

Power User
Vendor
Here is a little clip, I recorded today by using the personal live-preset I use with my band "Chaos Inside". It's single tracked. On the left side you can hear the Angle Severe (my alltime fave sim in the Axefx) with with the V2-Camo SMB7-Mix 2 and on the right side the BritPre (based on a Marshall JMP-1 preamp) by using 2 filters for phase reverse (one time before the amp, one after the amp and a pitch block) and a mix of the V2-Camo speaker A (sm57) and B (OC818).
This is my personal "workaround" for trying a "double-tracking-like" sound, after selling my Mimiq-pedal. I really hope (and lots of other people here, too) that
the day will come, when we get some "Mimiq-style" block in the Axefx III. ;-) Sorry for my sloppy playing, but let me know, how you like the sound. Recorded with
my Ibanez RGD7 Uppercut "Vanya" straight into the Axefx III. No Eq in the guitars. Bass was programmed with Spectrasonics Trilian. Drums are "Krimh" from Bogren Digital.

Last edited:
Loved the playing and the tone. I can hear the separation between left and right mimicking the dual tracking for sure. Is this an effect you would use for recording, and or playing live is what I may ask? My ear hears the playing on the right first with a slight, 30ms ish delay placed to the left.

Here is a little clip, I recorded today by using the personal live-preset I use with my band "Chaos Inside". It's single tracked. On the left side you can hear the Angle Severe (my alltime fave sim in the Axefx) with with the V2-Camo SMB7-Mix 2 and on the right side the BritPre (based on a Marshall JMP-1 preamp) by using 2 filters for phase reverse (one time before the amp, one after the amp and a pitch block) and a mix of the V2-Camo speaker A (sm57) and B (OC818).
This is my personal "workaround" for trying a "double-tracking-like" sound, after selling my Mimiq-pedal. I really hope (and lots of other people here, too) that
the day will come, when we get some "Mimiq-style" block in the Axefx III. ;-) Sorry for my sloppy playing, but let me know, how you like the sound. Recorded with
my Ibanez RGD7 Uppercut "Vanya" straight into the Axefx III. No Eq in the guitars. Bass was programmed with Spectrasonics Trilian. Drums are "Krimh" from Bogren Digital.

brootal

Loved the playing and the tone. I can hear the separation between left and right mimicking the dual tracking for sure. Is this an effect you would use for recording, and or playing live is what I may ask? My ear hears the playing on the right first with a slight, 30ms ish delay placed to the left.
It’s the preset I also use live . At our last gig we played a „Silent“ Gig, where the audience had wireless headphones, so they could hear all the stereo stuff. The left channel of the preset is completely without pitch block, phase reverse, etc. so a FoH tech could always use a „clean“ mono signal. Some techs were able to handle the stereo signal and really made a wall of (guitar )sound (locations with a good and well tuned pa) othersjust took the mono signal.
If wanted, I can post a screenshot of my settings later.

Back
Top Bottom