FracTool problems

Hi

Just got a Axe Fx 3 and trying to convert some Axe 2 presets but aint going great.

Are on Firmware 15.01 and 3.52 on Fractool.
Draging the Axe 2 presets on the Axe 3 icon in Fractool and get a preset layout in the Axe 3.
But just bearlly hearing the sound(no distortion) and the Tonematch block seems emty.
Tried to check the levels and mutefunctions but cant find any problem.Deleted the input and reinserted but no change

Any idea's for a helpless noob?

Cheers!

Wait, Nils Norberg ex Nocturnal Rites guitar?
Wow if is true, I want try your presets, You are a monster player!!

Just as a bit of input, I would suggest using FracTool to import the signal chain and general "shape" of your presets, but I expect they will not sound good on the Axe Fx III.

The amp modeling has changed a lot and many of the effects have been improved/revamped...

Just as a bit of input, I would suggest using FracTool to import the signal chain and general "shape" of your presets, but I expect they will not sound good on the Axe Fx III.

The amp modeling has changed a lot and many of the effects have been improved/revamped...
Thx for all answers.Feels lika a firmware issue.When I close the blocks and reopen them it comes live.I make my own but would be nice to have some for comparing.Will older Axe 3 firmware presets work ok on 15.01?

Thx Azael
Have not played for 10 years so maby I should try your presets instead :)

Cheers

Thx Azael

Cheers
[/QUOTE]
Wowww welcome, glad you come back to guitar world, your tone is unique, hope try your presets!
Cheers from México!

Love that tone!

Thx Azael

Cheers
Wowww welcome, glad you come back to guitar world, your tone is unique, hope try your presets!
Cheers from México!

Love that tone!

[/QUOTE]

Long time ago
I always hated doin those promotion stuff when they stick a camera in your face and wanted you to play.I just wanted to kick ass in a band.Some guys like Paul Gilbert,Mattias Eklund etc are born for that :)

My recommendation is to start from scratch. The modeling in the Axe-Fx III is completely different and most of the effects have also changed. Trying to convert AX8 presets may be not be worth the effort IMO.

Long time ago
I always hated doin those promotion stuff when they stick a camera in your face and wanted you to play.I just wanted to kick ass in a band.Some guys like Paul Gilbert,Mattias Eklund etc are born for that :)

Well, it was fricken nice playin all the same dude!

I remember 2 years ago when translating my presets from the II XL× to the III some blocks were turned of in the translation. The reason was, that they were on in the XL+ only because a modifier kept the blocks on. Actually they were saved as off.

My recommendation is to start from scratch. The modeling in the Axe-Fx III is completely different and most of the effects have also changed. Trying to convert AX8 presets may be not be worth the effort IMO.

And this!
When translating my presets two years ago they were way ahead the fractory presets for my personal taste and needs. Every amp in my presets was tweaked a lot in the advanced menu.
But the modeling evolved since. The last time I went through the factory presets so many were good right from the start. Good enough to rehearse and gig with them.
If I was to start new with the III I'd start with the basic tones of the factory presets now.

If I was to start new with the III I'd start with the basic tones of the factory presets now.

That was my experience in the difference between the AX8 and the FM3 or FX3. The AX8 sounded good but I’d tweak and fiddle but the FM3 and FX3 sound good enough I leave them alone for a while and then make a small adjustment.

Progress is a great thing.

Thx

This was actually a guitar exercice recorded for Japanese Young Guitar magazine.I did some clinics too, playing this and some other guitar "songs".
Hated it but it gave me free guitars and chance to travel😃

Back
Top Bottom