FracTool Crashing in OSX 10.13.1

dsmith2086

I was using FracTool yesterday just fine on my Macbook Air running OSX 10.13.1 and using the latest version 3.45 of FracTool. Then my Mac battery died last night while it was in the middle of downloading from AxeChange. Now with the battery freshly recharged, FracTool is crashing when I click on the AxeChange tab. It will still launch and open just fine and even convert presets without a problem, so it is technically working. It just crashes when I click on any of the tabs for other functions using the tool. I even reinstalled the app from the downloaded DMG file with the same results. Not sure what to do from here. Any face the same issue? Suggestions to try to resolve would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

-David Smith

Ok, never mind. It turns out something must have corrupted in the preferences files so deleting the app and reinstalling did not fix. So I used an application uninstaller utility, then reinstalled and now it works perfectly. So if you run into this type of crashing issue, you have to do a full uninstall, not just a delete to fix the issue.

Back
Top Bottom