Fractal X-Load Problem when using Live

DearMrKev

I recorded myself when playing live at band rehearsal (Loud and Heavy room) via the unbalanced line out of X-load feeding my guitar cabinet. Ran DI to FM9-can block-then usb to computer.

Problem is I am getting low end rumble from the kick and snare drum as well as bass guitar mixed in the signal/recording. My question is if this is normal? Possible the instruments are so loud in the room that they send signal back through the guitar cabinet speakers? When I’m not playing the rumble is at about -22db and when I’m playing the total signal in is about -10db. Big picture problem is I wouldn’t be able to do this live as the FOH will be seeing bass through the guitar signal and could create a hassle. Thoughts? Thank you!

First thing I'd check is your tubes. Give each of them a tap while the amp is running and see if any of them have gone microphonic. At really high volumes the second most likely culprit would probably be the guitar and pickups.. Rolling off your guitar volume all the way will tell you if that's the source. If you still have rumble with the guitar rolled all the way off, it's likely coming in the with the DI. Use the knock test on each item in your signal chain until you find the one that's the most sensitive to vibration.

First thing I'd check is your tubes. Give each of them a tap while the amp is running and see if any of them have gone microphonic. At really high volumes the second most likely culprit would probably be the guitar and pickups.. Rolling off your guitar volume all the way will tell you if that's the source. If you still have rumble with the guitar rolled all the way off, it's likely coming in the with the DI. Use the knock test on each item in your signal chain until you find the one that's the most sensitive to vibration.
Good ideas! Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom