Fractal user reviews TONEX Pedal

Status
Not open for further replies.
With all respect - Nope you didn't. First you need to know who I am. I own a company doing professional service and repairs on guitar amplifiers (also being AWSC for Fender, Fuchs Audio, Friedman, Blankenship etc. to name a few). I also started to work my own products based on my needs. Early 2022, I introduced the Casanoverdrive Pedal, a high voltage tube based pedal overdrive with very a huge dynamic range, very small noise floor that works in front of almost every amp because of a very clever guitar amplifier correction filter circuit. But still, I'm not finished and constantely improving my products, also work on various other ideas.... My clients have high expectations in my work and so do I......I already sold 22 units and still have 62 other people on my witing list atm......

I got a Deluxe Reverb AB763 with Celestion Greenback, a Princeton Reverb AA964 with a WGS BlackHawk Alnico 12", a MesaBoogie MK3 with an EVM12L and a small Peavey Classic 20 from the earlier 90s in my test rig - all controlled over an amp-switcher. During daytime, I can work testing loud amplifiers, but during night times, I don't want to disturb the neightbours around my small house - so I need a silent solution were I can test on various cabinets, in front of various amps.......
For instance, a super reverb amp or a Vibroking - these are very bright sounding amps.......

I bought myself an AxeFx III for that in 2022 - turned out it is an awesome and great unit, but it didn't takes pedals well. I can't get the differences I hear on my real amps, but it does sound very very good. So I decided to keep i t for my own pleasure - I find the factory preset 007 - the 5F2 Princeton very pleasing.

But in the fall 2022, IK released ToneX - as a long term loyal IK Multimedia user (mostly their T-Racks software in my project studio), I bought their ToneX software to try some captures of my amps and compared them to the profiles to use it in my sound lab - and damn, there was it! So after ToneX introduced their pedal, I bought one - just to use it as a standalone unit on my work bench in the lab. PS: I used the AxeFx as my reamping box doing my own captures.... ;)

So here I am.....

here are some clips, if you're interested..... (pre alpha demo back from 2020)

or me using the AxeFx III as a pleasure machine for my bedroom jams. I'm not a pro guitarist, but I work for them......

cheers
P

That was a joke. I apologize if that came off as serious.

With all respect - Nope you didn't. First you need to know who I am.
Over My Head Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

That looks like a pretty cool shop to hang out in and make a lot of noise....

Sometimes I have clients who do exactly this, but most time it's just work - currently I have about 62 repairs in. The biggest issues atm are supply chain issues but compared to the suffering of many people around us because of the war, these problems are just minor......

That was a joke. I apologize if that came off as serious.
Easy..... 😌

All what I can say, the ToneX pedal is a pretty cool product, but it is not an AxeFx.... I think the true quality of the axefx is the the overall package - you have a total guitar sound workstation on hand, with effects pre or post amp, so there is no needs for external gear for many users. the ToneX pedal is just a player shell for the their software plugin, which you can put on an analoge pedal board. The hardware is pretty similar to their x-fx units (x-drive, x-space, x-time), so it is obviously in the same hardware category as their other units. My only criticism would be, that you can't load IRs in, that cabinet emulations are just tied to the profiles..... but this is not a biggie - for that price, the whole concept is just as steal...... 😌

Easy..... 😌

All what I can say, the ToneX pedal is a pretty cool product, but it is not an AxeFx.... I think the true quality of the axefx is the the overall package - you have a total guitar sound workstation on hand, with effects pre or post amp, so there is no needs for external gear for many users. the ToneX pedal is just a player shell for the their software plugin, which you can put on an analoge pedal board. The hardware is pretty similar to their x-fx units (x-drive, x-space, x-time), so it is obviously in the same hardware category as their other units. My only criticism would be, that you can't load IRs in, that cabinet emulations are just tied to the profiles..... but this is not a biggie - for that price, the whole concept is just as steal...... 😌

You can load .wav IR's and use them with amp DI. That said, you can't separate the outputs with one cab and one cab so using it standalone like that with a real amp + foh doesn't work

You can load third party IR's in. Not a ton of parameters to adjust like the on the Axe with high and low pass filters etc, but it does work for loading in 3rd party IR files.

I'm in process of choosing between ToneX and Cab M as an IR player for use with my Suhr Reactive Load box. The Two Notes has the edge in that they have an iOS app that you can use to move around the virtual mics, adjust room ambience etc so its a bit more flexible than trying to work the VIR captures on the ToneX pedal itself which is kind of difficult due to limited controls. Can't beat a touch screen for stuff like that

You can load third party IR's in. Not a ton of parameters to adjust like the on the Axe with high and low pass filters etc, but it does work for loading in 3rd party IR files.

I'm in process of choosing between ToneX and Cab M as an IR player for use with my Suhr Reactive Load box. The Two Notes has the edge in that they have an iOS app that you can use to move around the virtual mics, adjust room ambience etc so its a bit more flexible than trying to work the VIR captures on the ToneX pedal itself which is kind of difficult due to limited controls. Can't beat a touch screen for stuff like that

If it's just for IRs, there two notes is a better choice for sure

All you need to do is compare how many YT vids are filled with paid promos for competing products versus Fractal's artists page. The people that matter aren't shilling for Fractal. They're out there making a living making music.

Fractal doesn't pay for that kind of garbage promo. They don't need to.

I was referring to the joke I made about having you capture all those amps. 😂

Sarcasm is so hard to articulate online.
That's why I made the post...... I got tons of amps here, every week different models .....some are super rare....but since I repair them, I don't have much time to play on them or make some tests with my own stuff......therefore the ToneX......

Yeah, I have issue not realize if somebody being sarcastic. Some evil minds told me, I'm better with amps than with humans. The truth is, sometimes I am..... (and Marsupilamis) 😜😜😁🤭

All you need to do is compare how many YT vids are filled with paid promos for competing products versus Fractal's artists page. The people that matter aren't shilling for Fractal. They're out there making a living making music.

The truth is, today everyone does it, Fractal headquarter maybe not, but some (not all) of their users do. To gain your opinion on something, you have to test it with your own ears. It is as simple as that.....

Isn't have an artist page also marketing though ?

Isn't it saying "hey, all these great players with great tone are using this gear, so you should too" ?

Doesn't matter how you go about it, every for profit business wants to move product, and they may all go about it different, social media, print media, YT, website etc.

that you can't load IRs in, that cabinet emulations are just tied to the profiles..... but this is not a biggie - for that price, the whole concept is just as steal...... 😌
that's not a correct statement. You can use the TONEX player to configure your own cabinets using VIR, use any other cabinet from any user from the cloud or use third party IRs then save them as a preset, then load them to the pedal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: JTI
that's not a correct statement. You can use the TONEX player to configure your own cabinets using VIR, use any other cabinet from any user from the cloud or use third party IRs then save them as a preset, then load them to the pedal. I wish people would try the products before commenting with bogus information.
Wowow..... so it's okay to throw your BS at me, but if I do then its not okay and some guys called out for moderation? Nicely done injustice.....calling out the moderation on my posts but doing the exact same thing on me and guess what, it is all okay now.....

So: Mr Ian C - I guess this is appropriate enough, huh?

Quote:
Custom IRs are automatically imported when a preset containing a Custom IR as a cabinet is imported into TONEX Pedal.

As I couldn't find any infos regarding cabinet memory slots, I thought they stick together. Which wouldn't be an issue for my needs....

I might misunderstood some things here, but hey - there is a much more appropriate way to say this.

But yeah, I get it.......you guys don't want me around here. So yepp, I make you the pleasure and will ask for deleting my profile and stay out of the board for good. I already spend too much time with this type of BS in my life

bye for good

Wowow..... so it's okay to throw your BS at me, but if I do then its not okay and some guys called out for moderation? Nicely done injustice.....calling out the moderation on my posts but doing the exact same thing on me and guess what, it is all okay now.....

So: Mr Ian C - I guess this is appropriate enough, huh?

Quote:
Custom IRs are automatically imported when a preset containing a Custom IR as a cabinet is imported into TONEX Pedal.

As I couldn't find any infos regarding cabinet memory slots, I thought they stick together. Which wouldn't be an issue for my needs....

I might misunderstood some things here, but hey - there is a much more appropriate way to say this.

But yeah, I get it.......you guys don't want me around here. So yepp, I make you the pleasure and will ask for deleting my profile and stay out of the board for good. I already spend too much time with this type of BS in my life

bye for good
lol. As Scarface said, "even when I lie, I tell the truth"
I don't BS. I own the product and I never try to steer people the wrong way. Not intentionally, no one is perfect. The forum is meant to be helpful to people and not a throne of misinformation. The product is not perfect but none is..................... May God have mercy on your soul. (Billy Madison)

keep my soul out of this - either you can keep things factual and informative, or you needto make it personal. That's what you did.
And yepp, I don't need this type of "justice" from any of you. I politely asked for let the mods deleting my account for good.

And you, put yourself a golden star on your chest, sucessfully bullying me out of here. you made it, be proud.....you are a hero.....online!

the real battles were fought in real life......

keep my soul out of this - either you can keep things factual and informative, or you needto make it personal. That's what you did.
And yepp, I don't need this type of "justice" from any of you. I politely asked for let the mods deleting my account for good.

And you, put yourself a golden star on your chest, sucessfully bullying me out of here. you made it, be proud.....you are a hero.....online!

the real battles were fought in real life......

wholly @#$%, this place is insane.

Ok....So, someone help me out.

I have the TONEX in hand, but I am traveling until next week. My plans are to use the TONEX on gigs/jams where hauling the Fx III is just too much. I will capture my Axe presets (amp and cab only) to the ToneX. Then, using the X series pedals with TONEX pedal, I will have a "travel" board".

However, are you guys saying that if I just want to capture the amp by itself, I can also add on an IR as well in ToneX pedal, or is it just one or the other?

Man, I can't wait to play around with this thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom