Fractal Tutorial: how to create complex preset. Tips and Tricks.

Haven't watched it yet, but was just revisiting old smilefan presets recently.
He used this trick many times...
I'm not 100% sure you have to use this exactly like he does, or if it is more a trick to save one column of space (which in this one, he didn't need to). So let me guess it's a feedback loop that for some could look complex and fit your presentation :)

Attachments

• smilefan feedback.jpg
    smilefan feedback.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 23
Haven't watched it yet, but was just revisiting old smilefan presets recently.
He used this trick many times...
I'm not 100% sure you have to use this exactly like he does, or if it is more a trick to save one column of space (which in this one, he didn't need to). So let me guess it's a feedback loop that for some could look complex and fit your presentation :)
Please see the video if you want to have a better overview. Send return is not complex.

Hello Marco, that was a FANTASTIC video, I learned sooo much, a lot of great info in there! I'm pretty new to modeling and the AxeFx platform and this one video cleared up a lot of the questions I had and figured I'd just have to sort it out for myself.

For instance, your use of just one preset to do a whole gig, representing a "one preset" approach. This has been on my mind since day 1 and this presented it in a very natural way, made it very easy to follow, you did a supurb job of conceptualizing this! Really opened some doors for me, can't thank you enough.

Also lots of great reminders regarding signal; wet/dry/wet, mono and stereo, serial vs parallel...when using a modeling platform like this its easy to forget I'm not using my customary racks of gear so while its all easily done on the modeler, it's easy to forget or overlook those issues because the rack gear sort order is pre-thought out and hardwired. On the AxeFx its easy overlook something because of near infinite options.

Just goes to show how absolutely brilliant the AxeFx is, to have this level of flexibility and such perfection at so many levels. I'm nearly convinced Cliff is otherworldly, and I mean that in the most complimentary way possible!

Great job Marco, thanks for taking the time breaking this down the way you did, its a real gem, you really thought this out well. Gonna go buy the preset to show some love...its like buying the "workbook" to go with the class you posted up! Subscribed to your channel too. Gonna have to rewatch a few times to absorb it all.

Be well brother!

Last edited:
Hello Marco, that was a FANTASTIC video, I learned sooo much, a lot of great info in there! I'm pretty new to modeling and the AxeFx platform and this one video cleared up a lot of the questions I had and figured I'd just have to sort it out for myself.

For instance, your use of just one preset to do a whole gig, representing a "one amp" approach. This has been on my mind since day 1 and this presented it in a very natural way, made it very easy to follow, you did a supurb job of conceptualizing this! Really opened some doors for me, can't thank you enough.

Also lots of great reminders regarding signal; wet/dry/wet, mono and stereo, serial vs parallel...when using a modeling platform like this its easy to forget I'm not using my customary racks of gear so while its all easily done on the modeler, it's easy to forget or overlook those issues because the rack gear sort order is pre-thought out and hardwired. On the AxeFx its easy overlook something because of near infinite options.

Just goes to show how absolutely brilliant the AxeFx is, to have this level of flexibility and such perfection at so many levels. I'm nearly convinced Cliff is otherworldly, and I mean that in the most complimentary way possible!

Great job Marco, thanks for taking the time breaking this down the way you did, its a real gem, you really thought this out well. Gonna go buy the preset to show some love...its like buying the "workbook" to go with the class you posted up! Subscribed to your channel too. Gonna have to rewatch a few times to absorb it all.

Be well brother!
Thank you.
I’m very happy my video helps you.
I did many videos like that and there are some other tutorials on my channel.

https://www.youtube.com/marcofanton

Back
Top Bottom