Fractal to frff and pa

Each speaker is different and can't really be elected to sound the same. That being said if they are decent speakers they should at least be in the ball park. Have you checked the Global EQ's for outputs 1 & 2 to see if they're identical?
The eq's are identical. I don't have the copy option anywhere. I see it In the manual but not on my ax.

Each speaker is different and can't really be elected to sound the same. That being said if they are decent speakers they should at least be in the ball park. Have you checked the Global EQ's for outputs 1 & 2 to see if they're identical?
the eq's are identical. thanks

My setup is my stage cab is plugged into output 2 and I use an XLR to go to FOH PA or mixer.
This may work better for you as it has for me.
Try moving the FX loop down to the next line. Then add a graphic EQ at the end of the main line of your preset, so it is not connected to your loop. This way you have not changed any EQ going to channel 2. Then tweak the graphics EQ for channel 1. Plug FRFR into channel 2 and channel 1 to FOH PA. I usually have to immediately cut 100hz and below and 8k and above. Then you can shape the EQ until you achieve a close match to your FRFR cab. What's also nice about this is if you play out, and experience a different PA system, you can easily tweak your EQ for the different PA, without changing your tone to your FRFR.

If your gigging, you'd be amazed at how much the quality of speakers vary from place to place, learn to love the global eq!

If your gigging, you'd be amazed at how much the quality of speakers vary from place to place, learn to love the global eq!

This.

I have the same issues, and I'd guess everyone who uses FRFR on stage and goes direct to FOH has this issue. I use 2 CLR's on stage, stacked behind me like a vertical 2x12. (I used to use them as wedge monitors, but I like them behind me much better.) We own our own PA that we use at some clubs or private gigs, and it's very nice (QSC KW153's over KW181 subs.) My Axe sounds NOTHING like my CLR's through the QSC mains. It's dull and lifeless, with all of the top end gone. We have to apply an EQ curve at the board to compensate. (The board is a digital A&H, and has a nice parametric on it.)
If you wonder why I don't do it on the Axe, it's because the CLR's and the FOH both come from OUT 1 via a line mixer. This is because I use Out 2 for something else (I send a signal out to my pedal board for my talkbox, essentially using the Axe as a switcher.)

Anyway... this is just the difference in speakers. CLR's don't have a lot of low end in them. The highs are very clear and pronounced. Supposedly they are very "flat" and accurate. I don't know, I'm not an engineer... all I know is they sound great and get really loud.
But... for me.... all that "accuracy" doesn't do me a lick of good for dialing in tones, because that is not what the FOH puts out, so there is a big difference. I have considered changing my backline setup to more closely match our PA so when I dial in tones, I get the same at FOH. Of course, that all goes out the window when we play venues with house systems though.

This.
Anyway... this is just the difference in speakers. CLR's don't have a lot of low end in them. The highs are very clear and pronounced. Supposedly they are very "flat" and accurate. I don't know, I'm not an engineer... all I know is they sound great and get really loud.
But... for me.... all that "accuracy" doesn't do me a lick of good for dialing in tones, because that is not what the FOH puts out, so there is a big difference. I have considered changing my backline setup to more closely match our PA so when I dial in tones, I get the same at FOH. Of course, that all goes out the window when we play venues with house systems though.
Speakers do make a huge difference. I'm messing with an open back 2 x 12 with Black Shadows in it and am liking the tones I'm getting. But fortunately I have never had an issue with FOH tone. I always mention to the engineer to cut everything below 100hz and above 8k and then I tweak the rest. Maybe I'm a lucky one.

This.

I have the same issues, and I'd guess everyone who uses FRFR on stage and goes direct to FOH has this issue. I use 2 CLR's on stage, stacked behind me like a vertical 2x12. (I used to use them as wedge monitors, but I like them behind me much better.) We own our own PA that we use at some clubs or private gigs, and it's very nice (QSC KW153's over KW181 subs.) My Axe sounds NOTHING like my CLR's through the QSC mains. It's dull and lifeless, with all of the top end gone. We have to apply an EQ curve at the board to compensate. (The board is a digital A&H, and has a nice parametric on it.)
If you wonder why I don't do it on the Axe, it's because the CLR's and the FOH both come from OUT 1 via a line mixer. This is because I use Out 2 for something else (I send a signal out to my pedal board for my talkbox, essentially using the Axe as a switcher.)

Yup dull and lifeless is a good description.

Back
Top Bottom