Fractal to frff and pa

rdpar

Inspired
my patch sounds sooo different coming out of my pa or studio monitors compared to my frff cab. why is that.?
using output 1 for cab and 2 for pa/studio monitors. It makes no difference if I use zlr or 1/4 in. cable,

We would need to know what speakers you are using and how you are using output 2 (in the grid or just copying output 1 to 2) if your using it in the grid, then a copy of your preset or an image of the grid layout would be helpful.

I am not sure what you mean by using grid or copying 1-2. I use an fx loop in my patch to route signal to output 2 and come out 2 to my frff and output 1 to my pa/studio monitors.

my studio monitors are JBL 4328 , pa are peavey pr15. I would imagine the sound should be closer than what it is. PA sounds too muddy and studio sounds too bright. My frff is an atomic cab.

When you are coming out of your PA is the Channel on your board or PA head set flat with no EQ?

my studio monitors are JBL 4328 , pa are peavey pr15. I would imagine the sound should be closer than what it is. PA sounds too muddy and studio sounds too bright. My frff is an atomic cab.
PR15? The grey plastic speakers?

I would imagine those Peaveys will sound nothing like an Atomic CLR and that's probably your main problem. You'll need to EQ the mud out the best you can, if you can. If you are using your FX Loop block just as another send, is it at the end of the chain? Can you upload a screen shot of your patch layout just to see if there is a problem there? FYI - if you use the copy feature you don't need to add the fx loop into the preset, saves a block, but that depends on the use of the loop.

Yeah I have really worked on eliminating the mud. Tough task. New speakers on the horizon.:)

OK your preset layout looks good. As I noted before you can get rid of the fx loop if you set the axe to copy output 1 to 2, but it doesn't matter either way will get you the same results. Ya NH is pretty nice some of the year, not a big fan of winter though... I have a pair of QSC KW153's and a pair of KW181 subs. System sounds huge and my presets translate very well from the Atomic CLR's to the QSC's, I just take out some bass and crank it!

From the manual: It should be in the Audio page of the I/O menu. Should say something like COPY OUT 1 TO OUT 2 (OFF/ON). Pretty sure you were on the right page already just needed to scroll farther down to see it. This is not available via axe edit, you must use the front panel.

Each speaker is different and can't really be expected to sound the same. That being said if they are decent speakers they should at least be in the ball park. Have you checked the Global EQ's for outputs 1 & 2 to see if they're identical?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom