Fractal sighting: saosin

Brownmatthall

Power User
Saosin dropped a new song today and off in the background you can see an axe chillin out :) loving the new material as well!

Interesting. I've never heard these guys. The lead singer reminds me of a Glam Metal voice doing Screamo. :eek:

Interesting. I've never heard these guys. The lead singer reminds me of a Glam Metal voice doing Screamo. :eek:
He's also the vocalist of circa survive if you've heard of them (this is his first band, so them coming together and writing new material has me super stoked!)

He's also the vocalist of circa survive if you've heard of them (this is his first band, so them coming together and writing new material has me super stoked!)
Well, I've never heard of them either. I listened to a few tracks off the Blue Sky Noise album. The musicianship and songwriting is very good, but his voice ruins it for me. Instrumentality speaking, I prefer Circa Survive over Saosin.

Well, I've never heard of them either. I listened to a few tracks off the Blue Sky Noise album. The musicianship and songwriting is very good, but his voice ruins it for me. Instrumentality speaking, I prefer Circa Survive over Saosin.
The vocals have always been very polarizing but I dig em, the tone on BSN is to due for as well the production was top notch

Saosin has been using fractals since the Ultra days. Justin Shekoski (original guitarist, now playing for 'The Used') is a friend/acquaintance of mine and sold me my first Ultra and was actually the guy who really hipped me to the whole Fractal concept, in addition to some smattering on YouTube and TGP.

Great band, and a big inspiration for me coming up back in the day. Glad to hear they're releasing new music. That first EP with Anthony on it was life-changing.

Saosin dropped a new song today and off in the background you can see an axe chillin out :) loving the new material as well!

Yoooooo! First post here. Ya man! I'm playing Axe FX 2XL into a matrix power amp in that video.

Fun fact. All guitars and bass is all axe fx direct to pro tools on this record.

Live I'm using the Friedman hbe with some sort of v30 cab block direct to front of house.

If anyone is interested, I can upload some of the patches.

Beau

Yoooooo! First post here. Ya man! I'm playing Axe FX 2XL into a matrix power amp in that video.

Fun fact. All guitars and bass is all axe fx direct to pro tools on this record.

Live I'm using the Friedman hbe with some sort of v30 cab block direct to front of house.

If anyone is interested, I can upload some of the patches.

Beau
I'd definitely be interested, especially the bass stuff since it was all done in the box! And welcome :)

Back
Top Bottom