Fractal modelling guitar

To me, the coolest thing about the Variax is emulating acoustic instruments, and the alternate tunings. I don't care about emulating other electrics and would always use the onboard pickups for electric guitar tones.

If Fractal, or someone, else could provide an unobtrusive add-on system with that type of functionality I would buy it in a heartbeat. I already have great guitars and don't want to be forced to buy some other guitar that most likely will not meet my personal expectations/preferences.

To me, the coolest thing about the Variax is emulating acoustic instruments, and the alternate tunings. I don't care about emulating other electrics and would always use the onboard pickups for electric guitar tones.

If Fractal, or someone, else could provide an unobtrusive add-on system with that type of functionality I would buy it in a heartbeat. I already have great guitars and don't want to be forced to buy some other guitar that most likely will not meet my personal expectations/preferences.

Yup... let me put it in MY guitar and not have to be stuck with something I can't or don't like to play.

I've had a variax on spec for 24 hours now. I've treated it with kid gloves. The modeling knob no longer lights up (i.e. modeling no longer works). Sheesh - going back to Sweetwater. I KNOW Cliff would make it better - and he'd make a Caddy, probably with someone like Suhr in partnersship.[/QUOTE

does the Variax battery show a full charge? If you leave a cable in it, and the volume knob turned on when you walk away it will drain. If you're using the power supply, that's a different story...

I would think if you had a wide frequency range pickup (maybe even a piezo) just tone match nothing but the pickups and put it first in the preset chain?

I would think if you had a wide frequency range pickup (maybe even a piezo) just tone match nothing but the pickups and put it first in the preset chain?
I doubt this would yield convincing results. Pickups are more than just EQ. There's also amounts of compression and how the frequencies and overtones change over time. I don't think you can copycat the complex inductive behaviour of pickups and especially the position of the pickup by just adding an EQ on top.

Back
Top Bottom