Fractal makes me mad!

Bertotti

Inspired
That’s right I said it. I originally was going to go for a FM3 and maybe a fc6 later on then in a year or two the flagship. But, Nooooooo! I had to have the FX3 now and love it but dog gone it I still want one of the FM models! Going straight to the big dog was supposed to take that urge away. I do not gig I do not need a pedal like this and I have no issues taking this on the road with me while I work so I am hopeful adding an FC might take the urge for an FM away! Why do you tempt me so Fractal! Hahahhaha

Last edited:
If you're not hauling it around on a regular basis, the rack unit is the bees knees. I have an Axe 3 that permanently resides next to my desk, and an FM9 that is used with the band (and typically only comes out of its bag at home when adding presets for new songs we're doing).

If you're not hauling it around on a regular basis, the rack unit is the bees knees. I have an Axe 3 that permanently resides next to my desk, and an FM9 that is used with the band (and typically only comes out of its bag at home when adding presets for new songs we're doing).
I will be hauling it around a couple days a week but that isn’t an issue. My tools are far more troublesome to carry around than this. 16lbs is nothing compared to tool boxes.

I can’t say that hasn’t crossed my mind. But even though I don’t got sitting here at the fx3 I am seeing a use for an FC controller. I didn’t think I would. Don’t get me started on my desire to buy some dynamic cabs!

I can’t say that hasn’t crossed my mind. But even though I don’t got sitting here at the fx3 I am seeing a use for an FC controller. I didn’t think I would. Don’t get me started on my desire to buy some dynamic cabs!
A band member came to my house for rehearsal the other day and he walked in with something that looked like a lunch bag. I was like, where is your rig? He said - in here...FM3 and a couple cables.

A band member came to my house for rehearsal the other day and he walked in with something that looked like a lunch bag. I was like, where is your rig? He said - in here...FM3 and a couple cables.

That’s exactly how I roll, too. FM9, expression pedals, and cables in a Helix backpack (which I already had), and two guitars in a Mono dual gig bag. Rehearsals are in the other guitar player’s basement, so the PA is always set up and ready to go. We also have a monitoring system for me and the keyboard player, which is essentially a second PA with a mixer and a pair of 15” EV monitors. I even keep the IEC and XLR cables plugged in and ready to go, with the ends for the FM9 sitting right where I set up.

That’s exactly how I roll, too. FM9, expression pedals, and cables in a Helix backpack (which I already had), and two guitars in a Mono dual gig bag. Rehearsals are in the other guitar player’s basement, so the PA is always set up and ready to go. We also have a monitoring system for me and the keyboard player, which is essentially a second PA with a mixer and a pair of 15” EV monitors. I even keep the IEC and XLR cables plugged in and ready to go, with the ends for the FM9 sitting right where I set up.
Sounds like my house. PA, Mics, XLRs for direct connection, drum set, bass amp, my old Marshall rig....ready to roll at any time.
Makes having a rehearsal pretty pain free for everyone.

Sounds like my house. PA, Mics, XLRs for direct connection, drum set, bass amp, my old Marshall rig....ready to roll at any time.
Makes having a rehearsal pretty pain free for everyone.

That’s exactly our setup, except there are two drum sets in the room. The other guitar player, keyboard player, and bass player are in a second band that also rehearses there. The version I’m in was started because the keyboard player and guitarist wanted to do songs they liked, not necessarily songs that would go over well in front of an audience. The other band gigs, ours is just for fun and I’m good with that. I burned out on the bar scene back in the nineties, in a band that was doing 150+ nights every year from 1994-1998. Still not interested in doing that anymore.

Back
Top Bottom