Fractal Friday w/ Cooper Carter - SEASON 2!

Episode 17!!

Just got back from May in Italy and had my first chance to watch this. Clearly, Less IS more — as long as it’s the right Less. Absolutely superb dialing, Coop (as always) but it’s the thought process behind it all along with “sneaking up” on the settings that has/will shifted my approach from here on out.

Thank you!

So as you approach creating the base preset and it's hundreds (thousands) of small control variations where do you begin? Amp/Cab first and then work in the comp/drive/filter before the amp and FX/whatev after? Super-interested in your workflow.

So as you approach creating the base preset and it's hundreds (thousands) of small control variations where do you begin? Amp/Cab first and then work in the comp/drive/filter before the amp and FX/whatev after? Super-interested in your workflow.
Yes, nailing the amp/cab always comes first, with the slight exception that for many of the clean tones I work on, a huge amount of the tone comes from a compressor. In those cases, dialing the amp and the comp really happens concurrently and in conversation with each other.

At the risk of the shameless plug, if you're truly interested in my workflow, I do go into considerable detail in my Master Classes on dialing in cleans, mid-gain, classic gain, and modern high gain tones from the ground up.

Shameless (and appropriate) plug received. I was looking at popping for same this afternoon and didn’t have a credit card on me. That shall be remedied post haste (mañana). Your “Friday” vids have already been worth more than the class costs… 👍

Back
Top Bottom