Fractal Expression pedal

I had a similar issue with not liking the feeling of that setting. One of the guys here helped me with a suggestion that was very creative. It also helped me for using the same pedal for volume work...

I now use auto-engage, but have it set to 93% (I think, not looking at it right now) so it is off when toe down instead of the normal heel down. This made it responsive where I actually used it and the roll-off area was in a portion of the travel that was uncomfortable to use anyway. I also adjusted the sweep in the preset so it focused in the frequency I wanted. Worked GREAT! Step down on the heel of the pedal, it's on, toe it fully forward past 93% of travel, it's off.

This also had the advantage of having the pedal in the full-on position when I went to a volume control patch. You should try it.

I do the same !

To the guys with the volume issue, make sure the controller (pedal) is also assigned to the volume control (or filter, or whatever is controlling your output volume) in the Axe FX. It can be calibrated and the MFC reading it, but if the Axe Fx doesn't know where to put it, it goes... well, nowhere. It is a similar issue (proper setup of a controller) to Tremonti, but a different version of the problem.

I have done them all wrong at least once. I seem to learn everything that way!

Please don't hijack folks. This is a specific issue that Tremonti has.

It still *smells* like a calibration error someplace. But I suggest contacting support to see if there is something actually wrong with the pedal.

IMO.

Faulty unit and Fractal has called me and sending a new unit. So the EV-1 may be amazing, but mine has issue. I'm sure the next will be fine. Fractal support is amazing.

WTF? I've used Fractal for 7 years and helped many come to the river to drink and purchase units. I didn't say it was junk!!!!! I said I perceive no difference in the sweep over the Boss pedal that I was trying to replace. PERIOD. ENTIRE POINT OF BUYING EV1 WAS TO ELIMINATE DEAD SPOTS!!!!!! I am not new at any of this....I use good cables, calibrate, and not an idiot that throws his hands up without trying things out first. Back off.....

Hey man, sorry if I upset you. I was using a metaphor to get my point across. You posted saying it's no different than your other pedal, even gives the same dead spots. If you're getting the same dead spots, why would you say there is no difference? How would you know without knowing what the EV-1 can do without the dead spots? You didn't even give it a fair chance from what you say in your first post. I never said YOU said it was a piece of junk either. Please don't be so defensive and put words in my mouth. I said you were blaming it, like it was a piece of junk. I never said you said that. There's a big difference there. I know the entire point of buying the EV1 was to eliminate dead spots. Seeing as how it did NOT eliminate dead spots, that should tell you that your dead spots are coming from something else, NOT the EV-1. Doesn't that make sense? I also did not say you were an idiot. My point was you were being negative about the EV-1 because it was giving dead spots, when clearly it's NOT the EV-1 that's giving you dead spots. Please read what people say and think about it. You are overly defensive here. Back off? Don't post in a forum if you don't want to hear opinions.

-Dan

Hey man, sorry if I upset you. I was using a metaphor to get my point across. You posted saying it's no different than your other pedal, even gives the same dead spots. If you're getting the same dead spots, why would you say there is no difference? How would you know without knowing what the EV-1 can do without the dead spots? You didn't even give it a fair chance from what you say in your first post. I never said YOU said it was a piece of junk either. Please don't be so defensive and put words in my mouth. I said you were blaming it, like it was a piece of junk. I never said you said that. There's a big difference there. I know the entire point of buying the EV1 was to eliminate dead spots. Seeing as how it did NOT eliminate dead spots, that should tell you that your dead spots are coming from something else, NOT the EV-1. Doesn't that make sense? I also did not say you were an idiot. My point was you were being negative about the EV-1 because it was giving dead spots, when clearly it's NOT the EV-1 that's giving you dead spots. Please read what people say and think about it. You are overly defensive here. Back off? Don't post in a forum if you don't want to hear opinions.

-Dan

Except it has been acknowledged as a faulty unit......................

I have done them all wrong at least once. I seem to learn everything that way!

Hehe! I know what you mean. But, if you wanna feel better about it, consider that those who aren't doing anything wrong usually aren't doing anything at all.

Back
Top Bottom