Fractal Cab Fx?

Ripley

With Line 6 launching the Powercab, and Kemper the Kone/Kabinet, will we see a Fractal Cab Fx in the future?
I haven't tried one myself, but there are reports that the cab modelling, or imprints as Kemper like to call it, built into each system, definitely add a more realistic live feel compared to a frfr system.
With this seemingly being a relatively new concept or technology, we may well be at the Pod 'Kidney Bean' stage of cab modelling, imagine what a mouth watering prospect an Axe Fx 3 level cab modeller could be.
I have often thought how that would work, whether with an ir for the sound, and some induced physical resonance depending on the cab/speaker for the feel, or maybe the cab/speaker could be modelled as a whole system to accurately replicate the sound and feel of the original (which is what I believe the Powercab tries to achieve).
Either way, if Fractal decides to venture into this technology, I'm sure my name will be joined by many others on the waiting list.
Who else would like to see a Fractal Cab Modeller?
How many have tried a Powercab/Kabinet with a Fractal amp modeller, be it Axe or Ax8 etc, and what did you think?

That would be a nice addition to Fractal product range. I never liked to play through monitors, and I had good one (Adam A7X).
I checked the products on Line 6 website and that's really looks great ! I'm interested in the 112 Plus model.

Last edited:
But everything save the fx8 already has cab modelling. Then the user decides if they want to hear it via frfr or power amp + cab, not at all etc. I personally dont see the point when they've already got cab modelling down to a fine science within the unit.

Yes, an actual speaker that models the sound/feel/resonance of the real world counterpart.

The cab modelling at the moment is of a mic' d cab, and hence the sound reproduced is that of a mic' d cab, it does not replicate the live sound/feel of a guitar cab (amp in the room). A cab modeller could bridge the gap between between frfr and real world guitar cabs, and may for many that find frfr 'sterile' etc, be the solution they are looking for.

You may ask why not use a real cab with a solid state power amp? Well simple, by using a real cab the flexibility to match different cabs with different amps is taken away, and will therefore detract from the realism of each amp model.

I think Line 6 and Kemper have realised the gap in the market for such a product, and have stolen a lead in what could become a market as big as cab modelling itself (if done correctly).

Seems like Fractal already has the cab modeling figured out with IRs, but, would like to see (and hear) their take on FRFR wedges!

Back
Top Bottom