Fractal Audio Welcomes Neal Schon!

Neal is yes, severely underrated. Absolutely monster chops some of which I don't think Vai or Satch can even touch. And melody for DAYS. Neal, if you're reading this, I am the one who bought your super-limited-edition Kramer Ripley stereo guitar off Ebay, which you signed at my request. I did eventually sell it because it only had a bridge pickup :( Anyway, you are an inspiration to us all, and yes the new Journey album "Revelation" is actually really good! And it comes with a DVD for normal CD price. Arnel is maybe not as good as Steve Perry, Perry was literally one in a million. And I normally don't even like poppy stuff at all. Journey rules!

certainly one of the greatest of our generation. let me be the first to say our wonderful axe refrain...patch please!?!

Hello Neal !!!

Long time listener and fan of your outstanding guitar work.

What A SOUL !!!

Hey, quick question....looking at a certain website for a music store in the bay area...

Is the Axe-Fx THAT GOOD, or were you just cleaning out all the closets? :lol: :mrgreen:

Welcome to our Axe-FX madness!!!
You won't need that stuff anymore anyway !!!!!

Neal is one of my favorite guitar players of all time. He's what I consider to be a "complete" player. He can make you cry with one note, melt your face off with shred lines, write hit songs....and has some of the most memorable guitar tone in the history of rock guitar. I can't say enough good words about him.

There's a feature on Neal in the August issue of the UK mag 'Guitarist' where it shows a pic of his live rig - 2 Ultras sitting in there, also a MFC-101 in his pedalboard.

I quote: "Schon uses just one of his three Blackstar amps - alongside a trio of 4x12 S1-412B cabs - and he then runs the dry signal into his current favourite piece of kit, the rack mount Fractal Axe-FX Ultra
"It's light years beyond anything I've played." he beams.

"It's loaded man. it's a processor, but it doesn't sound or react like a processor. I've been able to get any sound I want out of it.
[One of my favourites] is a brown sounding Marshall with the mic away from the speakers just a bit"

When talking about the Eclipse album he said, "All the effects and ethereal stuff that sounds like keyboards - it's a guitar. Thats a Fractal FX
processor."

His rack also has a Gibson Echoplex Digital Pro, the Roland M-120 line mixer and Fantom XR plus the Lectrosonic Dual receiver. His pedalboard has (in addition to the MFC) 3 Roland EV-300L vol/exp pedals, EV-5 pedal for guitar synth, a Boss CS-2 compression sustainer, a EWS FD-1 Fuzzy Drive and Wampler's Nirvana Chorus.

His main live guitar is a PRS 22 Single Cut with a Floyd Rose, a DiMarzio Fast Track (with sustainer) in the neck and a '57 Plus in the bridge - though he uses a Seymour Duncan Custom Custom in the studio.

He also says he's gonna sue that Mark Day fella for doing all that Journey stuff unless he hands over his Axe II (coz he reckons that he's still got to hang on for 6 months before his name comes up on the waiting list :p)

Back
Top Bottom