Fractal Audio Multi-FX Pedal

It’s not a Humbuster issue. But yes, I made my own, and that doesn’t make a difference. It’s a known….lets say “symptom” of the hardware on the FM3. There are numerous threads on this topic. Some people can get away with it, others can’t. If you run it through a higher gain amp, often times the “white noise” is more than what is tolerable. Clean amps aren’t affected as much. When the FM9 was released, Cliff said it uses the same technology as the Axe III for this process. I imagine it’s the A/D D/A converters and additional internal components.

I wish the fm9 could do relay amp channel switching. I'd love to sell my fx8 and use the fm9 but not being able to change amp channels without a midi converter is the hang up for me.

I wish the fm9 could do relay amp channel switching. I'd love to sell my fx8 and use the fm9 but not being able to change amp channels without a midi converter is the hang up for me.
No pressure but mate, truly. Just get the midi converter. You can get a tiny little box that you can velcro to your amp, depending on the amp of course:
https://emcustom.eu/amp-midi-switcher-interface.html

1698050854247.png

I got one of these to control my Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier, and it works a treat. I can either have it velcro'd to the inside of the amp, or the bottom of my rackcase that my Axe III is in. I'm sure there is a way you can fit this in your FM9 setup. They do a more general one that works with any amp too:

1698050935118.png

Anyway, that is my product recommendation for the day! I'm super happy with mine.

View attachment 128341
There you have the best multi-FX you can imagine. Better than the Eventide multi-FX pedals. Just ignore the AMP and CAB blocks
So true! I had a FX8, but it just did not play well with the amp I wanted to use it with. [Rivera K7] When I first got the FM3, used it in the 4CM with the Rivera, and it was AWESOME! Since the band moved to IEMs, I have switched to a AXEIII, but I'd revisit that setup again, if we were not using IEMs, and if I did mind dealing with a more complicated setup....lol.

Eventide H90 = $900 | Fractal FM3 = $1100

close enough I suppose.. I was thinking in terms of competing with an L6 HX Stomp price range.. BUT.. since I'm WAY more hands-on aware of the capabilities and high quality of FAS vs Eventide vs L6 I would likely get the FM3.. but to be honest: I doubt I'll ever go back to an amp/cab live rig again.. so for me the idea of a dedicated multi-fx pedal is (perhaps) moot..

thanks all for your input.

~Bobby Lane
FM3 MKI is currently on sale for $899.

View attachment 128341
There you have the best multi-FX you can imagine. Better than the Eventide multi-FX pedals. Just ignore the AMP and CAB blocks
That's was part of my plan as the FM3 MK 1 is on truck headed my way. I'm very much looking forward to shooting it out against the H90.
I know for sure the Axe FX III can get to any territory to H90 can. Some built in presets that still have plenty of processor overhead are well on their way. That's just a given. It's a bit of work but can be done.
BUT...
The H90 does have SOME unique stuff that I kind of like. I can't think of the patch names off the top of my head. Just that some of it is pretty amazing. Eventide is no joke.
But using patches still? That's half the problem. Patches instead of straight effects and presets.
It's hard as hell to use without the UI software (hehe...used to that) but there's a flow to it like everything else as you learn a little at a time. And the Eventide Riptide algo's aren't in there so...

I'm hopefull the FM3 can kick the H90 outta the house. Recouping money for a new Martin would be nice before snow flies.

Back
Top Bottom