Fractal Audio latest Tweet ... 3.0 Right Around the Corner........

The Cameron got updated... It's my go to amp now... I actually like how it cleans up with the volume dialed back... Sounds better than a lot of other clean amps!

Speaking of the normal channel on the JTM-45 for AC/DC tone, I found this interesting bit on Malcolm Young Wiki page.

"Angus and Malcolm Young both use Marshall amplifiers. The amps stacked behind Malcolm onstage are two original Marshall 100 watt heads, one 1966 JTM45/100 and one late Superbass from the late 1960s or early 1970s. Each head powers two 4 × 12 cabinets. Malcolm also uses custom-made Wizard amps on tour. Malcolm's main amp, since recording Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap in 1976, is a slightly modified Marshall Superbass from the late 1960s or the early 1970s. On Ballbreaker, he used a Marshall JTM45/100 with KT66s and a high B+ voltage (625 volts). In a recent interview with Marshall Law, Malcolm mentions his two favourite amps: a Superbass and old Super amp (JTM45/100). Also Malcolm used 2 Orange full stacks in London, England on 13 July 1976 while playing "Jailbreak", "Live Wire" and "Can I Sit Next To you Girl," with Bon Scott. While AC/DC were playing at Donington Park in 1991, Malcolm used Mesa Boogie stacks.''

From previous firmware updates and especially this coming 3.0, does Fractal usually add new fractory presets or change the arrangements of the current presets?

From previous firmware updates and especially this coming 3.0, does Fractal usually add new fractory presets or change the arrangements of the current presets?

I don't believe they ever change the presets after a firmware release.

Apart from after the last one ;) There were updated versions of the presets going to 2c to take into account of the new modelling tweaks.
Updated presets, yes. New presets, no. Probably because adding a new preset comes at the expense of eliminating an old one.

do you prefer the cameron for gainy stuff as well?

Cameron Channel 2 is my go to high gain... Want to mix it with the recto to give it more body but I really like how it gives it that Cameron aggressive attack...

Dialing down the volume on the guitar cleans that up very nicely... My go to clean amp sim is the 65 bassguy... But after I started to roll off the volume... I'm gonna try to use Cameron Channel 2 with the input gain turned down and see how that works...

Apart from after the last one ;) There were updated versions of the presets going to 2c to take into account of the new modelling tweaks.

Shows you how much I pay attention! :D lol. So yes, there may be updated presets lol.

Cameron Channel 2 is my go to high gain... Want to mix it with the recto to give it more body but I really like how it gives it that Cameron aggressive attack...

Dialing down the volume on the guitar cleans that up very nicely... My go to clean amp sim is the 65 bassguy... But after I started to roll off the volume... I'm gonna try to use Cameron Channel 2 with the input gain turned down and see how that works...

Interesting idea, I'll have to give that a try when 3 is released into the wild

I found the orange recto to be great for heavy sounds but am still a newbie to all this stuff ;) As for V3.0 am glad they are fine tuning it before releasing it. The amount of soundcard / graphic card drivers and other updates that dont work for sh*t seems to be on the increase. Nice for us all that Cliff is a perfectionist.

The orange recto has also been my go to heavy sound as of late! :D

Yeah, I know all guitars sound different pickups / woods / strings etc... So for Ibanez Jem7VWH in far right position with Ernie Ball super slinky strings the Orange recto just crunches and rocks perfectly but I'll dig deeper with all the amps, still have played with the new amps from V2 fully yet and as for V3 if it's not just new amps but new stuff altogether, REALLY looking forward to this ! I guess they are just fine tuning it after taking the USB 4 stuff out, but I've always preferred good old fashioned line in anyway !

Argh, I bet it's released on a Sunday in the U.S. which is a bloody monday here so I'll have to wait all day until I get home from work to try it ;)

Back
Top Bottom