Fractal Audio DynaCab Packs Now Available

Admin M@

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
ANNOUNCING NEW DYNACAB™ PACKS FROM FRACTAL AUDIO!

AVAILABLE NOW AT https://shop.fractalaudio.com/software-and-irs/dynacab-packs/

For decades, artists, producers, and engineers have carefully positioned and mixed mics on guitar speaker cabs in the pursuit of great tone. DynaCab™ replicates this process in a revolutionary way, allowing you to hear results in real-time while moving a virtual mic on a virtual speaker. Compared to previous techniques, DynaCab™ makes it faster, easier, and more intuitive to find the tone you’re looking for.

Each DynaCab™ pack contains a vast "3D" set of speaker IR captures made with multiple microphones. Using the free Cab-Lab 4 application, you can easily create and save mixes for use in your Fractal Audio hardware product. DynaCab Packs can also be used to "Re-Cab" tracks in a DAW using the free Cab-Lab 4 plugin.

Today's release of four DynaCab packs is "Wave 1" with many more to follow:
  • DynaCab Pack 1x12 AC20 is based on the celebrated Morgan™ AC-20 combo loaded with a Celestion™ G12 Alnico Blue.
  • DynaCab Pack 2x12 Double Verb is based on a vintage 1968 Fender™ blackface Twin™ combo loaded with original Fender speakers.
  • DynaCab Pack 1960 TV is based on the iconic Marshall™ 1960 TV ("Tall Vintage") speaker cabinet loaded with Celestion™ G12 Greenbacks.
  • DynaCab Pack 1x10 Metro Blues is based on the Mesa™ Subway Blues™ combo loaded with an Eminence Black Shadow Speaker.
DynaCab Packs require the free Cab-Lab 4 application/plugin, available at https://www.fractalaudio.com/cab-lab-4/

DynaCab-Pack-Package-box-art-4x121960TV.jpg
DynaCab-Pack-Package-box-art-1x10MetroBlues.jpg
DynaCab-Pack-Package-box-art-1x12AC20.jpg
DynaCab-Pack-Package-box-art-2x12DoubleVerb.jpg

FAQ: What is DynaCab Technology?
For decades, artists, producers, and engineers have carefully positioned and mixed mics on guitar speaker cabs in the pursuit of great tone. DynaCab™ replicates this process in a revolutionary way, allowing you to hear results in real-time while moving a virtual mic on a virtual speaker. Compared to previous techniques, DynaCab™ makes it faster, easier, and more intuitive to find the tone you’re looking for. Each DynaCab™ pack contains a vast "3D" set of speaker IR captures made with multiple microphones. Using the free Cab-Lab 4 application, you can create and save mixes for use in your Fractal Audio hardware product. DynaCab Packs can also be used to "Re-Cab" tracks in a DAW using the free Cab-Lab 4 plugin.

FAQ: How do I use DynaCab Packs?
After you purchase a DynaCab pack in our store and your order is processed by our team, it becomes available automatically inside the Cab Pack Manager of Cab-Lab 4 when you enter your username and password from our store or the email address and order number. Each purchase may be authorized on up to two computers.

FAQ: What about previously released Fractal Audio cab packs or third party IRs?
Cab-Lab 4 is fully compatible with every Cab-Pack ever sold in our store, and any 3rd party IRs in Fractal Audio or .wav formats. These "Legacy" cab packs do NOT appear in Cab Pack Manager, however. To load an IR from one of these packs, simply set the desired Cab-Lab 4 channel to "Single IR Mode" and then drag your file into the "IR" field or click the Browse button to locate it manually.

FAQ: Can Cab-Lab 4 load "Factory" Cab IRs directly from a connected Fractal Audio device?
No, factory IRs cannot be loaded in Cab-Lab. However, many of the factory cabs are available for sale in the Legacy Cab Packs section of our store. Contact our sales or support teams if you have any questions.

FAQ: Are there more DynaCab packs coming?
YES! We will be releasing many DynaCab packs over time and have also begun to work with producers.

Last edited:
What are the "original Fender speakers" in the 2x12 Double Verb? Fender Special Design (gold + brown labels) = Jensen C12N? Oxford 12T6? or JBL D120F?

Last edited:
This looks super cool. I'm curious about a couple things:

Right now it appears the way this works is you use Cab Lab to mix your DynaCab IR, and then it gets loaded as a regular IR slot in the Axe / FM3? Is that correct? If so, are there plans to allow these packs to be directly loaded onto the Axe / FM series so Cab Lab isn't a requirement?

My other question is, will the cab pack functionality ever be built into Axe Edit now that Cab Lab 4 is free? It would be great to only have to use one tool, and I wonder about USB MIDI conflicts with both Axe Edit and Cab Lab open (perhaps it's not an issue like it is with Fractal Bot and Axe Edit open at the same time?).

1. are there plans to allow these packs to be directly loaded onto the Axe / FM series?

2. It would be great to only have to use one tool
1. I doubt it, not enough storage space considering all the additional mics, speakers and 360degree capture.

2. Yeah totally! It does feel strange having so many workflow options now.

Last edited:
I have a question regarding these dynamics packs and Cab-Lab4.
When I send it to Fractal Devices from Cab-Lab4, ie AFX3, they will be found in "Legacy".
Wouldn't it better to call it something other than "Legacy"?

I have a question regarding these dynamics packs and Cab-Lab4.
When I send it to Fractal Devices from Cab-Lab4, ie AFX3, they will be found in "Legacy".
Wouldn't it better to call it something other than "Legacy"?
They are sent to user cabs slots because they are standard IRs. User cab slots are always on "Legacy" type (Legacy Vs Dyna-Cab). You are right: the name Legacy is confusing, because it is also used for the "legacy" cab slots (Factory 1, Factory 2, Legacy, Scratchpad, User 1, User 2)

It has not been very fortunate to name the traditional cab IRs as "Legacy" when the Dyna-Cabs were introduced. Perhaps "standard" or "traditional" would have been more appropriate, to avoid confusion.

and I wonder about USB MIDI conflicts with both Axe Edit and Cab Lab open (perhaps it's not an issue like it is with Fractal Bot and Axe Edit open at the same time?).
I am not able to run CabLab 4 and AxeEdit at the same time because of the conflicts you referenced.

I found the easiest workflow to use (for me) is to develop a new preset in AxeEdit with input, output, desired amp and cab and save it to an empty slot. Then close AxeEdit and start CabLab 4. In CabLab 4 I load up the new preset and design the new cab. Once I am happy with the cab, I move it to my FX3 and close CabLab 4. I then reopen AceEdit and load the new cab in place of the original cab and turn off the cab “bypass” that was enabled from within CabLab 4 earlier. Then I finish developing the new preset.

This seems.pretty convoluted, with a lot of back and forth between apps, but in reality it is very simple and becomes second nature after the first few uses of CabLab 4. Does anyone have a better workflow?

I am not able to run CabLab 4 and AxeEdit at the same time because of the conflicts you referenced.

I found the easiest workflow to use (for me) is to develop a new preset in AxeEdit with input, output, desired amp and cab and save it to an empty slot. Then close AxeEdit and start CabLab 4. In CabLab 4 I load up the new preset and design the new cab. Once I am happy with the cab, I move it to my FX3 and close CabLab 4. I then reopen AceEdit and load the new cab in place of the original cab and turn off the cab “bypass” that was enabled from within CabLab 4 earlier. Then I finish developing the new preset.

This seems.pretty convoluted, with a lot of back and forth between apps, but in reality it is very simple and becomes second nature after the first few uses of CabLab 4. Does anyone have a better workflow?
You can Pause Communication in Axe Edit and connect in CabLab4, tben vice-versa to switch programs. Saves a lot of time waiting for the programs to start....

You can Pause Communication in Axe Edit and connect in CabLab4, tben vice-versa to switch programs. Saves a lot of time waiting for the programs to start....
I can’t believe I didn’t think about doing the “pause communication” switch! Thank you so much for your help. You are right, that switch will make the process much smoother.

Finally got around to trying CL4 with a couple dyna-cabs...

All I can say is I love it. The dyna-cabs sound even better now, the extra mic options are perfect and radius adjustment makes getting even closer to your tone possible.

The ability to align both +/- and phase flip mics makes all kinds of new tones possible. Being able to see visually what's happing in the frequency domain is also a huge bonus.

Tip: With 2 or more mics, play around with one mics Hi cut and notice what it does to the high-end. Then try the alignment, flipping and phase and aligning... All ways of adjusting the tone without even moving or changing the mics!

Thank you and congrats on the release!

Lovin' it! The extra mics, the mic placement options, and the overall ease of use, are a very nice addition i think!

Back
Top Bottom