Fractal Audio customer service

Hughjazz4

First off, I’m just about the last person who’d go out of their way to praise a company/ corporation, but when someone goes above and beyond to help me get the most out of something I’ve bought with my hard earned money, I think it deserves to be recognized..

About a month into using my FM3 (which I was using to record/ reamp via USB into my M1 MacBook Pro), the USB stopped working. FM3 edit couldn’t find it, my computer couldn’t find it, nothing. I could still use the outputs to go through an audio interface and record, but I could not reamp or record DIs.

I couldn’t find anyone on the forums with my exact issue, so I contacted customer service. Mark answered me within 2 hours on a Saturday and gave me some steps to go through to try and solve my issue, but none of them worked.

The very next email from Mark was postage, paid for by Fractal, for me to send my FM3 back for repair, at 0 cost to me whatsoever. Keep in mind- MY FM3 STILL WORKED. It had 98% of its functionality intact, it just couldn’t connect via USB. Instead of dicking me around for weeks before making me pay for a repair, Mark had the thing fully repaired and sent back to me in Texas within 5 days, no questions asked.

This might seem like not a huge deal to other people, but for someone like me, $1000 pieces of music gear are rare buys. For Mark to take the problem off my hands entirely like that was just a massive help and really meant a lot. Mark- if you troll these forums at all, I can’t thank you enough. Mark’s bosses- if you all troll these forums at all, give Mark a raise

I also had a similar experience some time ago and I'd have to agree that Fractal has great customer service. I had an issue with my FM3 and they were very quick to diagnose the problem, and they exchanged my FM3 for a new one. I had the replacement in hand in a few days. That kind of support & customer service is getting harder to find these days and it counts for a lot, especially when you depend on your unit to be functional for doing gigs & sessions.

Fractal customer service is top notch in my book! :cool:

Exactly the same experience 2 weeks ago. USB port no more working (fm3 perfectly working). I contacted support in Germany (I'm from Italy), in 5 minutes received shipping label, in 9 days shipped, repaired and delivered back, with no charge. Astonishing customer service. The only problem Is that I thougth It would be a USB port replacement but they had to replace the entitr motherboard, so I Lost all my presets (I had a backup, but not so recent... my fault anyway). It's not so common to find such an efficient service.

Exactly the same experience 2 weeks ago. USB port no more working (fm3 perfectly working). I contacted support in Germany (I'm from Italy), in 5 minutes received shipping label, in 9 days shipped, repaired and delivered back, with no charge. Astonishing customer service. The only problem Is that I thougth It would be a USB port replacement but they had to replace the entitr motherboard, so I Lost all my presets (I had a backup, but not so recent... my fault anyway). It's not so common to find such an efficient service.
To be fair (and taking nothing away from either) that's G66 and not Fractal... ;)

This might seem like not a huge deal to other people, but for someone like me, $1000 pieces of music gear are rare buys. For Mark to take the problem off my hands entirely like that was just a massive help and really meant a lot. Mark- if you troll these forums at all, I can’t thank you enough. Mark’s bosses- if you all troll these forums at all, give Mark a raise
It’s a huge deal for sure. It’s hard to find this type of service. It’s around, but I notice with all rising costs and supply issues businesses are cutting and skimping on everything. It’s cool and good of you make a point to mention it. Makes me feel better in case I would be in need of service.

This type of service should be normal (for a product of less a month old), but it isn't. Good to know that Fractal cares about their customers (like we already didn't know from the steady stream of updates and long-running support for the older models)!

I have a sImiliar experience with G66. They (also) go above and beyond the 'standard'.

Awesome :)

I've never needed customer service (which, I guess, speaks volumes for their dedication to customers in making a bulletproof product) but stories like this give me faith that if I ever need it, they won't leave me high and dry.

Back
Top Bottom