Fractal Audio - Amps

Why use an off-site list? Just do it here where others can easily add to it and/or see it. That's the whole point of the forum.

That's what I've added to the list so far. I just thought a word document ist more clear. But I will inlcude your votes here in the forum into the document.

1619380246296.png

Wouldnt it be a smart move to use the color option to mark the amps in your fm3 / edit? You would save much time as you dont have to keep an offline list up to date when amps, cabs are edited when software improves. there is already a thread alive here from some user who shared this, just use the search function.

for high gain
tripple crown
archon
all mesa and rectifier derivates

cleans as above stated

If you're looking for what amps are best for a genre, then you're going to get a lot of cross-over. A Plexi or a Soldano can be a killer clean amp, and a Fender Princeton or Deluxe can be a great rock amp, and then there are the Mesa Mark series which cover a huge amount of sounds. The factory presets contain great examples of how amps that seem to be in one niche are actually capable and even good at others, also, @2112 (Leon Todd) has the Dexamethamphetaclean preset that uses a JTM45 for great ambient sounds... who'da thought it!

Also, I'd recommend looking into the Set of Settings Project to see if that'd help you gather ideas.

For lead tones: SLO100, Bogfish Brown, and a cranked BF Deluxe

For rhythm/crunch: Silver Jub, Plexi 6550,

For cleans/blues: Super Reverb, Deluxe Reverb, AC20 AX7, any of the Plexi's set clean

Clean:
Vox
Fractal Clean

Highgain:
Engl, Diezel,Mesa, Fractal, Archon
Made a preset only with 4 different FAS Amps Clean, Highgain Rythm 3 variants and Lead
Use it actually very often.

Here's my short list of great clean amps that aren't Fenders (although several of these are Fender based):
1. USA Clean
2. CA3+ Clean
3. Shiver Clean
4. ODS-100 Clean
5. USA Pre Clean
6. Brit JM45
7. Class-A 30W TB
8. Texas Star Clean
9. 5153 100W Green
10. Mr Z MZ-38
11. Boutique
12. AC-20 12AX7 Treble