Fractal Audio AMP models: Herbie (Diezel Herbert)

Awesome, what parameters would you adjust to make it less compressed? I am still running the AF2 but thinking that FM9 may be in my future.

not sure from top of my head but I am pretty sure it´s in last 2 tabs in amp block.
Stock compression value is 73,8%...I tried many different values, but when set to 62%, I just laughed out loudly, how much better it sounded :)
It´s same as if your diezel has decompression mod made by Kruse amplification.
Try it, it´s amazing !
Just don´t forget to lower 1-2db of volume in amp block, as lowering compression makes the sound louder.

not sure from top of my head but I am pretty sure it´s in last 2 tabs in amp block.
Stock compression value is 73,8%...I tried many different values, but when set to 62%, I just laughed out loudly, how much better it sounded :)
It´s same as if your diezel has decompression mod made by Kruse amplification.
Try it, it´s amazing !
Just don´t forget to lower 1-2db of volume in amp block, as lowering compression makes the sound louder.
I am going to do that tonight!

Channel 2+ of the herbie model is currently my favorite, I was using ch3 for a while but 2+ is a bit thicker, bigger sounding, bit less compressed. And can sound tight enough for me with just a GEQ in front very slightly rolling off some lows (cut in the amp block is a bit too much imo). Ch3 just sounds a bit smaller and more narrow in comparison. Still great though.

Channel 2+ of the herbie model is currently my favorite, I was using ch3 for a while but 2+ is a bit thicker, bigger sounding, bit less compressed. And can sound tight enough for me with just a GEQ in front very slightly rolling off some lows (cut in the amp block is a bit too much imo). Ch3 just sounds a bit smaller and more narrow in comparison. Still great though.
ch3 with cathode follower compression parameter set from 73,8% to 62% does wonders.
It sounds bigger this way and more roaring while still tighter than ch2+.
But yes, ch2+ is equally amazing and sounds godly for nu-metal riffs.

ch3 with cathode follower compression parameter set from 73,8% to 62% does wonders.
It sounds bigger this way and more roaring while still tighter than ch2+.
But yes, ch2+ is equally amazing and sounds godly for nu-metal riffs.
Nice, I’ll try that later today. I remember playing around with the cathode follower compression on one of the vh4 models (blue one I think?) since crunch tones didn’t clean up with the volume knob as well as I wanted but I haven’t tried it on the Herbert model.

Back
Top Bottom