Fractal Audio AMP models: Brit JVM (Marshall JVM410H)

The clean channel in red mode is a great sound - it's a lot like a Mark I Boogie; a Fender with an extra leading gain stage.
Actually you are right. The clean channel modes Green and Red were both pretty good. For some reason, (probably volume matching when switching between sounds) I never really used hte red channel in the clean channel.

ya gotta tweak it some try tweaking the LOW FREQ, LOW Q, LOW RES / HI FREQ, HI Q, HI RES (SPEAKER IMPEDANCE) found in the Speaker.tab..........title=AMP_block_parameters#LOW_FREQ.2C_LOW_Q.2C_LOW_RES_.2F_HI_FREQ.2C_HI_Q.2C_HI_RES_.28SPEAKER_IMPEDANCE.29........................also the Power Amp hardness adjustment may help some....I also tweak the (TRANSFORMER FREQUENCY / TRANSFORMER DRIVE)............and you may have to roll the gain back some .....hope this helps....

I almost forgot...........................under the dynamics tab live some really powerful tweaks in the Character parameters tweak them will playing and adjust to taste .here is a blurb from Cliff about the Character Parameters...hope this helps.I use it from time to time to dial an amp in the way I want it..."The "Character" parameters are two of the most powerful advanced parameters available but I bet almost no one uses them. My secret formula: Character Frequency: 3000 - 5000 Hz, adjust to taste, Character: -0.5 to -1.0, adjust to taste."

I've been running a "real" Jvm 210H for a little over a year now. with minimal mods (I did 4) this amp is a monster
1.Gain reduction
2. Plexi cap mod
3.negative feedback mod (on a pot so I can adjust it)
EQ shift (only need this on the 210H)
total $80.00 done by an amp tech.
turns this previously thin over gain hiss monster into a high gain Jcm 800.
I've been running it in 4CM mode with my AXE II and constantly shake my head at how good it sounds.
I run it on orange mode 80% of the time I play. Very rarely do I even use the Red mode (just usually with my 7 string)

Back
Top Bottom