Fractal Audio AMP models: Bludojai (Bludotone Ojai)

"I think any guitarist should really push himself to be able to get a good sound with one amplifier and one guitar and be able to just play. With nothing else beyond that." - Robben Ford (Truefire video).

I love this amp. I can see why Ford gravitates to it. The soulful feedback and sustain are no joke. I seem to hear more string noise than I'm accustomed to with the Brit 800, which makes me stop and refocus on my technique. A good thing!

On the Overdrive Special, there is an 'Overdrive Level and Overdrive Ratio.' Is the Overdrive Level the same as the 'Overdrive' on the AxeFx? Is there a way to set the 'Overdrive Ratio' directly?

Overdrive Ratio is the Overdrive knob on the amp. Drive is the "Input" knob on the amp. Overdrive level is just the output level of that channel.

To emulate Ford's sound, either on Ojai or the Dumble-Ford, set the input between 4 and 5, overdrive between 4 and 6 (I like 5), presence at 6, Bass at 7 (he uses a n open back cab, which is why he cranks the bass, turn it down to about 4 if using a closed back cab, and mid at about 4 or 5, and treble between 3 and 5 depending on your pickups.

The master volume is very important in affecting the tone (there is a bright cap on it!) -- try it at 4, and then at 5. You will find the amp gets darker and thicker (in a good way) with the master at 5, I leave mine there. I don't use the bright switch and he leaves his off. Use a good Tele or Les Paul/SG with .10s.

The amps sound good with the cabs in my Buddy's Boutique cab pack -- those are like his cabs. I actually prefer the sound of the 1x12 Bludo, The Fractal Factory Cab of this I'm pretty sure is a blend of a M160 and 421 mic, and is best for clean neck pickup jazzy tones rather than distorted leads.

Last edited:
The 1x12 Bludo is a hidden gem among the stocks cabs. Works great with Class-A too. It has a very direct tone and is one of the best choices to come close to an amp-in-the-room sound. Imho.

The 1x12 Bludo is a hidden gem among the stocks cabs. Works great with Class-A too. It has a very direct tone and is one of the best choices to come close to an amp-in-the-room sound. Imho.

It's that silver AlNiCo speaker, made to sound like an old EVS-SRO. it has a mojo to it for sure, especially turned up!

Back
Top Bottom