Fractal Artist Case Study: Recreating Maroon 5's Iconic "Girls Like You" Filter Sweep Live

Cooper Carter

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor

The video says it all, really, but I thought it'd be fun to do a little "behind the scenes" featuring a perfect example of my working with a Fractal artist to take an iconic recorded sound and implement a solution to convey it live.
My goal with any sound, whether it's an effect or simply a great tone is always to accomplish everything "in the box" so that what FOH gets from "guitar world" needs no additional treatment or attention.

Me watching guys like Cooper utilize multiple parameters /tools to achieve specific ends....
also, the ADSR is giving me an idea to work with this filter sweep I've been trying to achieve in the song Chances by The Strokes. I love vids with these kinds of tips.
1658514342243.png

Some great tips in this one that can be applied to other effects! Definitely worth the watch even if you don't want to recreate the moving low pass filter exactly.

The video says it all, really, but I thought it'd be fun to do a little "behind the scenes" featuring a perfect example of my working with a Fractal artist to take an iconic recorded sound and implement a solution to convey it live.
My goal with any sound, whether it's an effect or simply a great tone is always to accomplish everything "in the box" so that what FOH gets from "guitar world" needs no additional treatment or attention.

oh man! how soon is soon for that playthrough video and preset?!

Thanks for sharing. I never can seem to get ADSR to do what I want it to mainly because I didn't understand the settings. Bookmarked for future reference.

Back
Top Bottom