Fractal API Available for AX8 Development?

It's not difficult anymore to port x64 to other CPUs or DSPs. I like the idea of leveraging VST but I would think that FA would prefer to have their own standard that can't be used on other VST compliant systems.

You could start by making presents for the FX blocks, we all need them desperately. There is so much potential in the FX already, but they are not being showcased to their full potential enough.

EXACTLY my response!!! The AX8 and other Fractal gear gives us basics for effects, but completely gives us the TOOLS to create very advanced effects. .GO FOR IT! Eric

EXACTLY my response!!! The AX8 and other Fractal gear gives us basics for effects, but completely gives us the TOOLS to create very advanced effects. .GO FOR IT! Eric

Yeah, i think only Simeon, Yek and a few others took it to heart to do proper presets for some of the blocks, they are amazing. There is so much potential already available, no need for APIs just yet. (that could be a nightmare for Fractal IMO)

The sane solution to a request like this is for FAS to release something along the lines of...

A USB-powered I/O interface that acts as a security dongle to a PC/Mac port of the FAS algorithms that could also host VST's. Otherwise...
sidney-harris-i-think-you-should-be-more-explicit-here-in-step-two-cartoon.jpg

^ even then, as a curious low-level programmer, I'd be scanning the process's code/data to see what's what. So I wouldn't be surprised if this potential product is off the table.

It would not be in the best interest of FAS, in any way. I'd rather see resources go toward continued progress in their products.

Back
Top Bottom