Fracbot Backup Taking Forever

Izzwardo

Inspired
I am trying to update my AX8 to 9.02 from 9.01 and its been sitting at 0% Now receiving : Preset banks for over an hour and a half now is this normal?

Any luck yet? Wondering if you have installed the latest firmware and software for your AX8, Fractal bot etc? If you've got many user presets and cabs then it usually takes longer as well. 1.5 hour "receive" sessions aren't uncommon for me!

OP, let us know how it goes. I had trouble with the 9.02 update the first time - it was hung up and never finished. It worked the 2nd time.

I’m still having trouble with backups. I’ve had to resort to backing up single banks. Luckily I don’t have many presets yet but I could see this being a problem down the road.

Got it to finally work. I shut it off then back on and changed to another usb hub on my computer. Strange I am just glad it finally finished!

USB 2.0 tops at 60MB/s and 3.0 tops at 640MB/s but they both depend on whatever you've plugged in there. Most USB drives won't even get close to HALF the speed of the 3.0 maximum bandwidth.
From there, it's just a matter of knowing how much data you are sending to the computer.

At the 2.0 slow speed of 60MB/s, moving 10GB of data (10240MB) would take roughly 170 seconds. Less than three minutes.
Half an hour would be reasonable if you were moving 100GB, but my last full backup occupies 5.5GB... so it should be a two minutes operation.

Compared to 2 minutes, 30-45 are an eternity :)

I've had another problem with fractal-bot backup lately, only system settings backup works fine, presets and cab reach 99% and then go back to 0% staying there forever.
I've done several tries (even with a different PC) but couldn't solve it.
Workaround was to backup every preset and cab with ax8-edit

USB 2.0 tops at 60MB/s and 3.0 tops at 640MB/s but they both depend on whatever you've plugged in there. Most USB drives won't even get close to HALF the speed of the 3.0 maximum bandwidth.
From there, it's just a matter of knowing how much data you are sending to the computer.

At the 2.0 slow speed of 60MB/s, moving 10GB of data (10240MB) would take roughly 170 seconds. Less than three minutes.
Half an hour would be reasonable if you were moving 100GB, but my last full backup occupies 5.5GB... so it should be a two minutes operation.

Compared to 2 minutes, 30-45 are an eternity :)

Ax8 is USB 1

Well, I'd trust the manual over me. I'll correct that post if I'm wrong.
Your post was the first I found, I'm sure I've read it elsewhere as well.
I'll check tonight if I remember.

I also seem to remember that USB 2.0 had hi speed and full speed, so USB 2.0 didn't always mean 480mb/s. I could be wrong on that though, current Wikipedia pages don't agree with my memory.

Your post was the first I found, I'm sure I've read it elsewhere as well.
I'll check tonight if I remember.

I also seem to remember that USB 2.0 had hi speed and full speed, so USB 2.0 didn't always mean 480mb/s. I could be wrong on that though, current Wikipedia pages don't agree with my memory.
I'll try and get it sorted tomorrow and post back here.

Back
Top Bottom