Four Cable Method help

Fat Biscuit

Inspired
I recently decided to try the four cable method with my FM9 and Fryette Sig:X. Everything sounds fine when I make the connections according to the manual. My issue is that the effects going through the effects loop of my amp (delay, reverbs, chorus, and rotary) will sound through the amp regardless of whether the effects loop is engaged or not. When I've used regular pedals in the past, clicking my effects loop footswitch will stop any pedals in the effects loop from sounding. This enabled me to effectively turn on multiple pedals in the effects loop all at once by making sure they were on then clicking the effects loop on. I'd like to do this with the four cable method and the FM9, but any effects in the effects loop can be heard when the effects loop is on or off.

I've attached a screen shot of the preset as well as the preset itself. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• 4cm.jpg
    4cm.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 24
  • fcm test.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 1
The Sig:X is a cool amp. I have one as well. Do you have the loop mode set to “out”? It is a switch on the back of the amp. If you set it to “in” then it will always be engaged and the foot switch will not turn it on / off.

I tried it at practice last night. I definitely missed a few song cues from having to do more tap dancing. Next practice I'm going to try running into the power amp instead and use amp modeling. So many choices...
I had been using a pair of Headrush FRFR-108's instead of an amp/cab. They sound decent but lack the punch of guitar speakers. The rest of band said the Fryette sounded better.
I do notice a slight coloration when the fx loop is engaged, but I noticed that when using regular pedals too. Not a deal breaker. I was using hum buster cables as per the manual.

I know many seem happy with those Headrush speakers, but I tried them and packed them back up to return in less than an hour. Just no comparison to my ears to the FM9 through a power amp and guitar cab.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom