Found the 'secret sauce' for MFC upgrades

Tommy Tequila

Experienced
I've been knocking my head against the wall for 2 1/2 weeks trying to get my MFC upgraded. Using the Axe as an interface, using a TC Electronics 24D interface, using different machines (fancy desktops and modern laptops), cables, programs (Midi-OX, C6, etc.) and nothing worked. At best, hit 97% 30-40 times, using all this wonderful expensive equipment.

Can you say... "AAAAAARRRRRGH!!!!"??

Okay, so I had an old eMagic MT-4 interface, long since discontinued, that I had picked up on a whim for $14.95 on some web sites blowout sale. Searched for drivers, found some (that helpfully had a trojan in the installer - sure am I glad I scan downloaded files before running them!), blew that away, found the official ones, installed them under XP and... nothing. Wouldn't show up. Gee, isn't this fun?

Finally, out of desperation, I remember I had installed the MT-4 drivers on an old Windows ME laptop that I use on my exercise bike (well, should use, but that's another story...). Dragged that out, dusted it off, hooked it all up, copied in C6, etc., and... GREAT GOOGLY MOOGLY!! -- IT WORKED! First time.

Tommy does a happy dance, wife rings her new ATOC cowbell, cats and dog run for cover!

And the secret sauce? I only had that old laptop because a cat had whorfed all over the keyboard and my client didn't want it anymore.

With a great sigh of relief,
TT

P.S. Many, many thanks to the folks who chimed in on my 'failure' post. I wouldn't have found the C6 downloader or thought of that old MT-4 without them!

Good for you!! I followed your "failure post" and truley felt your pain. God knows i had a few "error14" myself.

so the secret sauce is Win ME with cat whorf.? ;)

now get some playing done :D

Rock on!
I havent upgraded to the latest MFC fw yet... have to wait after this weekends gig, or there is a good chance for mental break down

Rock on!
I havent upgraded to the latest MFC fw yet... have to wait after this weekends gig, or there is a good chance for mental break down

Back
Top Bottom