Found a Simple Way to Solo on Backing Track over Zoom or Google Meeting (MacOS)

Mark Al

Inspired
I was exploring ways to solo over backing tracks over Zoom or Google Hangout, with just my Axe III (no external mixer). There are multiple ways to do this all with pro and cons.

The ideal goal is to be able to shred with backing track over Zoom, and monitor it via Axe III with zero delay.

One easy solution is to pay $100 and use Loopback. But I found another simple way to achieve the same purpose:
  1. In your "Audio MIDI Setup", click on "Configure Speakers" and choose Output 7 and Output 8 as your left and right speaker, instead of the default 1 and 2.
  2. Now your computer USB audio is sent to Axe III "USB Input", in your Axe III patch, simply add a "USB Input" block directly connected "Output" block.
  3. Finally, in your zoom or google meeting setting choose both input and output devices to be Axe III.

A bonus point, if you are using digital AES output of your Axe III to your monitor, MacOS does not allow you to adjust the volume of the USB audio, neither does Axe III's USB volume control. But in this approach, the USB Input block allows you to adjust the backing track volume to AES out.

Cheers.

1620439723870.png
1620439602960.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom