Found a new use for the Atomic wedge...

DNW

Power User
Well, a few weeks back I changed from my Atomic passive wedge to a 2x12 with CL80s. There were a few possibilities for what I might end up doing with the Atomic instead, but last band practice seems to have decided it. Turns out with a bit of a low cut, our violin player likes the sound of her violin through it. So now her violin runs into her amp, out from the aux out to my FX loop in (had to do some quick rack re-routing and whatnot), goes through whatever necessary EQ'ing, and then out through output 2 to the other side of my Matrix and into the Atomic.

Originally to quickly get it going, I just unplugged my piezo from 1R and ran her through that. It'd been a while since I'd used the FX loop (I just did copy 1 -> 2 and used output 2 for my signal and left output 1 for going direct with cabs for recording and whatnot) and I couldn't quite remember what was involved, so that was quicker to get going. But it meant my input vol exp pedal would turn her down too, so I had to get it working properly through the loop.

What's even better is that because it runs through my Axe, I'll be able to do all kinds of crap to her sound. So I'm looking forward to adding drive, wah and ring modulator where ever I feel like it. Maybe throw in a 100% wet detune every now and again. "Nothing weird going on here, you must just suck. Get some frets." :lol

I already have fun with singing along to her playing, just slightly flat. The expression of, "What the hell is going on here?" is priceless. :lol

You are an evil man and I commend you for it :D

I suspect the trick of adding a slight delay to the vocals in the foldback mix is well known ... however another good one to try is to make sure you have a decent par can pointing at the drummer, and pulse it in time to the beat for a minute or so ... and then decrease the rate so it starts to slip behind ... with practice you can slow an unsuspecting drummer to a crawl :D:D:D

I suspect the trick of adding a slight delay to the vocals in the foldback mix is well known ... however another good one to try is to make sure you have a decent par can pointing at the drummer, and pulse it in time to the beat for a minute or so ... and then decrease the rate so it starts to slip behind ... with practice you can slow an unsuspecting drummer to a crawl :D:D:D

That IS evil. Oh man.

Back
Top Bottom