Forum Migration Complete

I'm scared, Matt has developed a halo. It must be the new forum glow. ;)

That's not actually a halo. It's the time machine behind him that he obviously uses since there is no other way he could be in so many places doing so many tasks at any given time.

It seems really intuitive, and it's quicker too. Sometimes forum migrations can be worse, but I'm sensing everyone agrees this is an improvement.

All,

Our forum migration is now complete. Thanks for your patience while we continue to test and tune the new application and servers under normal use. As of this writing the home page is still closed but many areas will be accessible -- we will re-open fully on Sunday November 1st.
Glad it's back! Missed it! ...and it looks clean.

Something's not right with linking I'm affraid...

Screen:
forum_screen.jpg

In case of the threads without new posts clicking on the thread title (link No. 2) leads to the beginning of the thread... and that's obvious.

But in case of the threads with new posts clicking on the thread title (link No. 1) leads to the last post in thread (or first unread, hard to tell if there's only one new answer). And this is pretty annoying, especially if someone wants to read all the thread to know what it's about. More annoying if we'll take into account the fact that there's another link leading to the last post in thread (link No. 3).

Is it some new feature that we have to adapt to? Or is it some minor error to correct?

Is it some new feature that we have to adapt to? Or is it some minor error to correct?

Yes, this is just how Xenforo works I'm afraid. The thread title link takes you to the newest post in the thread. We don't have much control over this behaviour but I'll look in to it.

No promises.

This is just a well done migration, excellent work on skinning it and making function and style both balance. You guys here at Fractal nailed it.

Question :

If i like to watch all the latest post WITH the posted text and not only in which thread the post was posted AND without having to scroll through people's likes, where should i go?

I had a hard time pressing the little sign for new posts on my phone and I read here the title has the same effect...I'm relieved XD

I'm wondering what platform the new forum is running on. I frequent another forum that is really outdated and I'd like to suggest to them what Fractal has done with the recent upgrade.

Back
Top Bottom