Forum Behavior Seems Peculiar

Big Joe Daddy

Experienced
Anybody else experiencing any funky behavior with the forum this morning? I'm finding the performance extremely sluggish, often choking and timing out. In addition, I sometimes get a permissions error message explaining I may not have the necessary permissions to view certain pages. I'm just browsing threads.

I've got a 20MB pipe for a connection and all other sites are performing normally.
Thanks,
Joe

I believe some search functions along with some other stuff has been disabled to prevent overloading.

This is the nature of vbulletin. It doesn't handle any sort of traffic well and you have to disable a bunch of the functionality to get it to limp along until the traffic goes away.

Hey Boys,
Sorry to hijack this thread but I've hit a snag I'm hoping someone will know the answer to. Presently I can't create a new thread. I can reply to an existing thread, but I can't create a new thread. When I attempt to do so, I get this message:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 927300 bytes) in /home/bullfrac/public_html/includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2932.

I've tried different browsers, Firefox 5 and Safari 5 on my Mac. I've tried clearing all the cache on each browser and I've even tried it on my Mac Pro, my Mac Book Pro, and my Windows 7 PC. I think the problem stems from an attempt on my part to copy an image from another thread and paste it directly into a new thread. It didn't work and it seems my inability to post occurred right after that. So it appears I've balled something up. I've already submitted a request to the folks at Fractal but I'm guessing they are plenty busy right now. So I thought I'd post here in the hopes someone here on the forum might have an answer.
Thanks in advance,
BJD

Have you tried saving the image and then posting it instead of linking it? It might be because the links sometimes act like a temporary cache of some sort on this forum so sometimes when you wanna download an older patch or picture it'll say it isn't there. I'm no computer savvy person but i think you found a sort of snag in vbulletin.

Sammy,
Thanks for the reply but my problem is not the image. I can't post a new thread period. Nada. Each time I attempt to do so, I get a repeat of the same error message. :-(
My hunch is that I balled something up in my user account on the Fractal Forum host server, and that an administrator will have to correct it. I hope it isn't too big a deal.
Thanks,
Joe

Hmmm.. have you tried restarting the computer? Also, if you have modem box or something of the sort try resetting that also and or unplug, turn off, then on and plug back in. If all else fails, might wanna give your isp a call

Yeah I've tried rebooting. I've tried three different computers. Two here at home and one at my office. We've got different ISP's at home and the office. Same error on both.

Damn then it is a user setting kind of code that you just got hit with unfortunately. Have you tried hitting up a mod or an administrator?

Damn then it is a user setting kind of code that you just got hit with unfortunately. Have you tried hitting up a mod or an administrator?
Yeah, I popped an email to both. Just haven't heard anything back yet. It's only been a couple days. My hunch is they're busy shipping out a bunch of II's. ;-)
Thanks for checkin it out.
Joe

I think your hunch is right. Probably something simple for a mod to fix/reset in your user account.

Hope someone gets to you soon.

Back
Top Bottom