Former V30 4X12 IR?

zone1

Does anyone have the former V30 4x12 IR they could put up on the Axexchange? I'm not digging the new one. Or does anyone have a suggestion for one that is close to it..tonewise?

zone1 said:
Does anyone have the former V30 4x12 IR they could put up on the Axexchange? I'm not digging the new one. Or does anyone have a suggestion for one that is close to it..tonewise?

How about reloading 7.04 and saving the cab as a user IR?

Can I transfer an IR from a preset into a user slot by the front panel controls, or do I need to use the editor?

zone1 said:
Can I transfer an IR from a preset into a user slot by the front panel controls, or do I need to use the editor?

I think you need to use the editor but that thing generally baffles me. :mrgreen:

As far as I am aware it is not possible to transfer IRs from the Axe to PC only the other way. Both of the removed Cabs are available on the forum, can't remember where though, a quick search should get you there :)

xpenno said:
As far as I am aware it is not possible to transfer IRs from the Axe to PC only the other way. Both of the removed Cabs are available on the forum, can't remember where though, a quick search should get you there :)

Correct, it is not possible to directly copy stock IRs to the user IR section. You would have to make an IR of the stock cab.

I'm in the same boat. I like the old 4x12 recto2 cab better than it's replacement. I re-loaded 7.04 back into my Ultra. This kind of ends the upgrade path for me until I can load the old cab into a user slot.

It would sure be cool if Fractal would supply the old factory cabs as downloadable IR's (Subtle Hint)

Thanks guys! I just downloaded the cabs posted by freeman.
I've been blasting all morning :eek: and I need to rest my ears before I try them out.
It would be cool to have the axe versions too.

I just want to express my gratitude with all the great axe users one more time.
Combining the best piece of gear I have ever bought with the best user forum I've
ever been a part of is just a joy! I'm sure enjoying the ride.

Thanks xpenno, but....

Something is just getting lost in the translation because this one (the V30) still doesn't sound quite the same. It's brighter and doesn't have as much low end as the stock V30. I can get pretty close to the sound of the stock V30 (I'm using the 57 dyn mic sim with it) by changing the mic to the U87 Cond, but it's not quite there. I should be able to get it almost exact with further tweaking though.

Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom