Formant Help Needed

4406cuda

Inspired
Hi,

I am working on a preset for Livin' On A Prayer by Bon Jovi. I need help with the Formant to emulate the Talk-Box. The Formant sounds very good on the lower note strings, but on the higher G and B avove the 12th fret, for the fills. The Formant effect does not seem present or does not have enough effect the way I have it set. I have the Mix set to about 60% and that sounds about right for the main riff.

How can I get more of a growl or effect on the higher strings like a real talk box.

Sorry for the 'commercial' post, but it may be of some help.

You can see the layout in this video. What you can't see is the seven different modifiers attached to the external controller/expression pedal.
Oh.. and sorry for the terrible timing in my playing...:confused:

Last edited:
Save yourself some heartache and a lot of time by purchasing Moke’s version of Livin’ on a prayer - I did and it is a bargain for the amount of work involved in this preset.

Save yourself some heartache and a lot of time by purchasing Moke’s version of Livin’ on a prayer - I did and it is a bargain for the amount of work involved in this preset.
Thank you Wolfgangman...

You could easily replace the 'Drive', 'Amp', and (main) 'IR' for your favorites and keep the scenes and the 'Talk Box' part of the preset in tact.

+1 on Moke’s Preset here.
I did tweak a bit, but the formant/wah is great!!
Saved tons of work, THANKS MOKE!!

Back
Top Bottom