Forgive me for such a novice question...

Kyloc_Armis

I downloaded the Austin Buddy preset packs but there are certain options in the amp block I can't engage for some reason. See photo below for details but, for instance, it won't let me turn on the input boost. I noticed there are little circles under the options, the ones that are solid yellow cannot be engaged or disengaged. How do i fix this?15820708271507063642372752799084.jpg

those circles show Modifier status. the empty circles show a modifier is not used. a filled circle shows it is used.

a Modifier will control that parameter somehow - like an expression pedal, an internal LFO or Scene controller.

click the CONTROLLERS button near the top left of Axe-Edit, then click Modifiers on the bottom to see what modifiers are assigned to what parameters. to change any, you Right-Click on the control itself, then in the Modifier pop up window, change the Source to None.

so you'd right click directly on Input Boost to get the pop up and you can adjust modifiers there.

check the owners manual for more.

That yellow dot means the parameter is being controlled by something. Either an external controller or one of the built-in control methods like a scene controller or an LFO. You can right click on the parameter and the controller setup window will open and reveal the details.

Look up Modifiers in the manual. Chapter 9 I believe.

Edit: We were all typing at the same time. Me going the brevity route. LOL

Last edited:
I had the same thing happen. I couldn't turn the input boost on from Axe Edit. I had a couple of extra single on/off foot switches that I connected to the expression pedal 1 and 2 on the back of the Axe FX. I set one to turn the input trim on or off, and one to turn the input boost on or off. I suppose you could also do this with an FC-6 or FC-12. Then I was able to turn on and off the input trim and input boost and re-save the presets with them either on or off, which ever I liked better.

Modifiers are super powerful. Learn how to use a handful and you'll start using them all the time; then advancing further down the rabbit hole to try original ideas. :)

I’ve just been right clicking and turning off. Is there a way to globally turn off mod switches considering I don’t use any controllers?

I’ve just been right clicking and turning off. Is there a way to globally turn off mod switches considering I don’t use any controllers?
no. that could wreck a preset sometimes.

quickest way is like i mentioned above - click Controllers (top left in Edit) then Modifiers near the bottom. see them all right there, click on them to quickly access and change the source.

I don't think there's a global way to disable modifiers. Keep in mind some modifiers might be linked to other things that are in your Axe-Fx (like the LFO or enveloper follower), so you might not want to disable all of them. You can right click on them to see what is modifying that parameter.

Pardon...I wasn’t in front of the computer. You never answered the question regarding some sort of global off, so I didn’t know.

no. that could wreck a preset sometimes.
So don’t right click? Or don’t turn things off globally?
sorry, thought i did.
I was trying to clarify what you meant by the first quote. Whether there was a global option or not. You never said. Not sure if you’re trying to be snarky, but that’s the way it’s coming across.
It seems like we’ve done this before.

I was trying to clarify what you meant by the first quote. Whether there was a global option or not. You never said. Not sure if you’re trying to be snarky, but that’s the way it’s coming across.
It seems like we’ve done this before.
not being snarky.

you said "is there a way to globally turn off..."
and my reply said no. i don't think there was another question in that post, so no was referring directly to "is there a way to globally turn off..." to which i said "no."

Thanks boys, my wife always says I should read the instructions before doing anything. Maybe she's onto something lol.

WTH DUDE!!! You wake her up RIGHT NOW and tell her "I don't need no stinkin instructions!!!". Btw...post up tomorrow and let us know how that went. :D

RTFM ... Chris who has a PhD in this stuff has bent over backwards for you. And look how you responded ... no good deed ...

Uh. “Bent over backwards?” Give me a break. He’s welcome to ignore my posts anytime he wants.
I could continue right clicking and my life would be fine.

Back
Top Bottom