Forbidden Riffs at the Guitar Store?

Megadebt

Experienced
Which riffs should be forbidden to play at the music store? Of course there is Stairway To Heaven, but are there others?

;)

Was not in a store long time because of not enought time and there is no store around the region I now live.
But I remember that in the bigger stores here in germany in my former region there wa a list with forbidden songs at entrance.
As far as I remember on the list: Enter Sandman, Smoke on the water, and others ;)

Was not in a store long time because of not enought time and there is no store around the region I now live.
But I remember that in the bigger stores here in germany in my former region there wa a list with forbidden songs at entrance.
As far as I remember on the list: Enter Sandman, Smoke on the water, and others ;)
Yep, I remember Musik Produktiv posting such a list. Sweet Child o Mine was on that list as well if I’m not mistaken. That intro riff got butchered beyond recognition on an hourly base back then…. Guys counting the frets before they dug in….. you know what I’m talking about…… 😖

I'm pretty sure Rose Morris on Denmark Street used to have a 'No Stairway Heaven' sign up.

Vaguely related. I went once to my favourite guitar store in Northern California with my wife and daughter, who wanted to buy a ukulele. While the pair of them wandered off to the acoustic section, I had a go on a Jackson and started butchering my usual neoclassical scales.

After we left, my wife told me she'd been talking to the salesman in the acoustic section who apparently used to play for Dr Hook. He was just getting into his stride about 'musicians these days' when my playing carried across the store and he rolled his eyes.

Yep, I remember Musik Produktiv posting such a list. Sweet Child o Mine was on that list as well if I’m not mistaken. That intro riff got butchered beyond recognition on an hourly base back then…. Guys counting the frets before they dug in….. you know what I’m talking about…… 😖
Yes Musik Produktiv, Session Music, Pro Music, they all had their list with mostly the same songs on it. :tearsofjoy:

It's been a long time since I've heard anyone play Stairway at a music store but every other time I'm at Guitar Center, there's some 15 year old playing The Trooper.

Back when there were a Guitar Center and a Mars about a mile from each other in Towson MD, and I would visit each almost weekly, there was always someone playing SRV

Metallica or any kind of Djent. Nirvana.

They are always played badly in guitar stores. And way too loudly.

Back
Top Bottom