For your pleasure: Orange 2x12 IR

Chronos

Experienced
I find myself in the mood to share something with the community, so I have for you guys an impulse I captured from an Orange 2x12 with an SM57 with my specialized IR capturing technique. Orange makes one very huge sounding 2x12, and I chose a mic position that should sound pretty balanced. Hope you guys will enjoy this.

Orange 212.zip

Attachments

• Orange 212.zip
    44 KB · Views: 230
Thank you sir. I'm stoked to check this out!!

Glad to hear that! I'll take any feedback both positive and negative from anyone whose tried it. Did something a little different with this impulse that I don't believe any other impulse maker has done, so curious what people might think.

Thanks guys!

This is awesome. :) What do you think about the Orange 2x12 vs the Port City 2x12?

I almost wish I owned the Orange, but it belongs to a friend of mine. The fatness of it is quite addictive, but it can sound a bit dark like a blanket over your sound if you're not careful. The Port City is very fun to play on in the room, and is very balanced. Its sound spreads out nicely making it pleasant to listen to even when you're not sitting directly in front of it. When mic'ed closely it will tend to sound very smooth I think. I could tell you a bunch more about it in detail if you were possibly considering one for a cab pack. Just shoot me a message if you're curious.

Nice. It does have a fat sound with the sizzle that sits nicely on top without being overpowering. Or is it that I chose to try this IR with my P90 guitar today? Either way I liked what I was hearing.

Back
Top Bottom