For those with Bogner OS 2x12 cabinets

m lebofsky

Experienced
I have seen more than a few people, who like myself, are using Bogner oversized 2x12 cabs.
I absolutely love my current setup (X2 wireless - Axe - VHT 2/90/2 - Two Bogner cabs).
The weak link for me is finding an IR or an IR mix that simulates these cabs.
Note: One out of three gigs requires me to plug into the house PA.

Scott's UberKab mix gets me closer than any stock IR, but I was hoping someone has already spent more time than I currently have auditioning and mixing and reauditioning and A/Bing and remixing and re A/Bing, etc, etc, etc RW IRs.

If not, I'll probably try to make my own IR this month.

Thanks,

m lebofsky said:
I have seen more than a few people, who like myself, are using Bogner oversized 2x12 cabs.
I absolutely love my current setup (X2 wireless - Axe - VHT 2/90/2 - Two Bogner cabs).
The weak link for me is finding an IR or an IR mix that simulates these cabs.
Note: One out of three gigs requires me to plug into the house PA.

Scott's UberKab mix gets me closer than any stock IR, but I was hoping someone has already spent more time than I currently have auditioning and mixing and reauditioning and A/Bing and remixing and re A/Bing, etc, etc, etc RW IRs.

If not, I'll probably try to make my own IR this month.

Thanks,

I sent the request to Redrirez and within 10 minutes received this:
"I do think it would be a good addition to something new we're working on. So, it will be out in some form or fashion in the next few months."
This product/customer service reminds me of someone else .....

They are not far from the Uberkab V30 IR's from Redwire IMHO.

If you have not seen/heard my thread about the Shiva in v10 here; then please do. I do a straight up L/R clip cut from a Bogner Shiva/Bogner 212 in 2002 to the Axe-FX Bogner Shiva and RedWire IR. It's very close without even any effort to match the tone by ear.

No secret mix needed either; just a straight up Uberkab V30 at 1" cap edge with a SM57. No mixing needed.

Scott Peterson said:
They are not far from the Uberkab V30 IR's from Redwire IMHO.

If you have not seen/heard my thread about the Shiva in v10 here; then please do. I do a straight up L/R clip cut from a Bogner Shiva/Bogner 212 in 2002 to the Axe-FX Bogner Shiva and RedWire IR. It's very close without even any effort to match the tone by ear.

No secret mix needed either; just a straight up Uberkab V30 at 1" cap edge with a SM57. No mixing needed.

Did you own the Shiva sized 2x12 or the OS 2x12 ?

m lebofsky said:
[quote="Scott Peterson":di2pgc5p]They are not far from the Uberkab V30 IR's from Redwire IMHO.

Did you own the Shiva sized 2x12 or the OS 2x12 ?[/quote:di2pgc5p]

Two Bogner OS 212 and a Bogner straight 412.

Shiva-micd-up.jpg

Bogner-Ecstasy-Classic-1.jpg

No pics of the second 212 or 412 handy.

I'll try it tonight.

It might not be one-for-one though since:
I'm A/Bing the real cab to the speaker/mic IR
but your A/Bing the recorded miced cab to the recorded speaker/mic IR

I'll report back tomorrow.

It's all personal preference but I've found a lot of consistent luck with using the AKG 414 2" back from the CapEdge in several Redwirez IR's.

Scott -
To get the boxy "live, no mic" tone I get from standing 8 feet in front of my OS Bogner 2x12,
I need to adust your "older 3way RW mix IR" or your current "simplified single mic RW IR" as follows:
EQ at 1.5k by +3.5 dB.

Does anyone know if any of the mics have this type of nasal/boxy boost built-in ?

Back
Top Bottom