For those looking for John Petrucci Tones!

nexus said:
Yes, they do have the same character.
Dont understand what u have done exactly, but seems to work... keep posting when u get patches with them, Im sure they will sound killer!

It's too complicated to be explained by words. :D I might do my first instructional video on it. Must see.

Oh, good lord..
Did I have a lot to learn about the axe... :p
Didn't know that...

Do you have a few patches I could try out for leads and rythms...?

CK John Petrucci RHY.syx <--- that one from the second post is a patch! :)

Those three user cabinets are taken from Petrucci's guitar tracks so you might get closer to certain tones when using them.

Cool Clark..

I play through a JP7, and besides a good piezo patch, I'm looking for a tone closer to the famous Glasgow Kiss sound.
I just love his dynamic on that album, but Glasgow Kiss really stood out.
His sound during the Intro, and verse solo was really amazing.
I've never been even close to that sound..

Okay I already did the lead channel so might aswell share it. I used the Cali cab (since it's the cab Petrucci uses) but I think it's already scooped in the Axe-Fx so if you change the cab you'll probably have to try other PEQ settings. I made a quick clip of Constant Motion. Sorry for the sloppy playing... I'm not used to playing other people's songs.

http://soundcloud.com/clark-kent-job/cl ... l-settings

This is a great preset ! thanks.
I tried the IR's as well but the file want load into my ULTRA, corrupted maybe ?
can u upload it again ? (if u still have it of course)
Thanks.

the attachments from posts older than January 2011 were all corrupted when the forum migrated and wont work anymore. it has nothing to do with firmware

Back
Top Bottom