? for Tech21 Liverpool Pedal owners

guitarded

Experienced
I know a few people own these… I was wondering if someone could comment on how well they handle having a drive pedal in front of them? I suppose all the character series “work” the same way, so anyone who owns any of them… I would appreciate your insight.8)

I own a few of the character series as well, and you can put pedals in front just as you would an amp. You can even put overdrive pedals and they sound great! ;)

I think next to axe fx, the character series is the next best thing in modeling, digital or analog. They just sound so close to the original in most cases.

The Liverpool is part of my backup rig and IMHO has just one great sound - on the edge of breakup, so it's great for giving that tube feel and warmth when plugging into a PA or even a clean amp. I don't like the pedal's overdrive sound at all, but that's just personal preference. So for me, if I use overdrive pedals before the Liverepool that don't boost volume it sounds great, but if I push the volume as well to get some of the Liverpool's own overdrive, I don't like it so much.

Thanks for the help GM Arts. Well as it turned out, the place I order from were out of the Liverpool, so I ended up getting one of the last Blonde pedals they had. It was either that or the California... I noticed the Blonde had much more, and better, reviews so I decided to go that route. I think Tech 21 is phasing out the originals for the newer ones with the speaker SIM kill switch.

I own a few of them, and in my opinion, the california is the only 'bad' sounding one....I could barely coax a good tone out of the thing! Not knocking tech 21, ALL their products are AWESOME!!!! Except the california....but then again, I've heard many say it IS just like the early mesas...and that's a fair comparison....you CAN get santana kinda tones from it, and it IS bassy like the original....but I still find something lacking with it...and it's not as good/easy to get a good sound out of like the rest of the character series. I was actually going to get rid of it, and then I plugged in my bass and it sounds GREAT on bass! Only a few useable tones with it, but they're awesome on bass!

The blonde is awesome! So is the liverpool! I don't think you'll have much complaints about them! ;) You'll only really need the speaker sim defeat switch if you plan to use it as a dist/drive into your amp....but it was really intended to be used thru front of house/direct applications, and I find I get the best results just like that! :D

Also, a couple months back, I had spoken to Lloyd from tech 21, and he told me you CAN use drive pedals in front the character series and any sansamp product - they're made to act and behave just as real amps do, and I think that's a fair comparison.

Thanks jon. I do plan on using it direct so hopefully all will be well.

Checking my order stats... Looks like I'll find out Tuesday!

Back
Top Bottom