For bedroom player, CLR Wedge or Cab?

I have the Adam A7's and absolutely love them. I just ordered two CLR's that I am going to put on pole stands and with their dual inputs will incorporate them in both my surround sound system for movie viewing and Axe II setup for peeling the paint when I feel the urge!

Looking forward to seeing how they work out! :frog:

I've got a pair of Adam A7's I love, but the CLR's are tempting me as a replacement. Pretty much a "bedroom" player, but my music room is about 14x20. But sometimes I get together with friends and play. My question has always been will the CLR's work for both guitar playing and monitoring/CD or mp3 playing/computer using as well as the Adams.

In other words, will two wedges on poles completely replace my A7's or should I just stay with what I've got? I can't see keeping both.

I've got a pair of Adam A7's I love, but the CLR's are tempting me as a replacement. Pretty much a "bedroom" player, but my music room is about 14x20. But sometimes I get together with friends and play. My question has always been will the CLR's work for both guitar playing and monitoring/CD or mp3 playing/computer using as well as the Adams.

In other words, will two wedges on poles completely replace my A7's or should I just stay with what I've got? I can't see keeping both.

If you're perfectly happy with the A7's stay with them, if you'd like more volume or find the A7's lacking go with the CLR's.
IMHO the CLR's are sonically superior to the A7's -others might disagree- but I've never been a fan of the A7's as I think they are very hyped in the highs. That's partly why others love them I'm sure, they are very easy to use when dialing in reverb tails ect. in a mixing situation, but for play back they always bugged me with the hyped hi-end.
The CLR's have a very natural representation and are very articulate, and IMHO even easier to dial things in on and just a joy to listen to. hey work extremely well for both guitar playing and monitoring/CD or mp3 playing/computer.
All IMHO naturally.

I have the Adam A7's and absolutely love them. I just ordered two CLR's that I am going to put on pole stands and with their dual inputs will incorporate them in both my surround sound system for movie viewing and Axe II setup for peeling the paint when I feel the urge!

Looking forward to seeing how they work out! :frog:

For curiosity sake, I take it you went with the Cab version?! .....*or maybe I being hopefully the Wedges have arrived* :)

Looking forward to seeing how they work out!

You just ordered???Or just got on the Reserve?? Just curious cause they still show Reserve Yours Today?? I'm getting desperate for some solution... haven't heard from them in a few days when checking on availability!!!

I am struggling to put this in a polite manner, but your monitoring solution is not where you should cut cost.

I get your point but I know that sometimes product pricing doesn't always translate to the "only" option. I've heard great things about the Adam monitors but my point is if the Adam monitors almost cost as much as an active wedge, I could get the wedge and have something that works in a lot of different scenarios.

Definitely get your point and not taken aback by any "unpolite" comments. :)

For curiosity sake, I take it you went with the Cab version?! .....*or maybe I being hopefully the Wedges have arrived* :)

You just ordered???Or just got on the Reserve?? Just curious cause they still show Reserve Yours Today?? I'm getting desperate for some solution... haven't heard from them in a few days when checking on availability!!!

Reserved. Sorry for any confusion. I am in no rush. Patience is a virtue! :encouragement:

FWIW, I have a couple of cab CLRs on poles acting as my main monitors. Just superb. You could do the same with the wedges though so I would say either.

I have two cab versions and the are unreal! The cabs are super cool looking and made very well and sound identical to the wedges while keeping to a guitar cabinet look. I can wedge them at any angle as well using some sort of prop.

A FRFR cab like the CLR (using cab sims) will give you the sound of a miked cabinet. A guitar cab sounds like well, a guitar cab in the room. They are different things, so keep that in mind.

A FRFR cab like the CLR (using cab sims) will give you the sound of a miked cabinet. A guitar cab sounds like well, a guitar cab in the room. They are different things, so keep that in mind.

Agreed, though with the CLR's + FW 10 and far field speaker IR's and IR's with very neutral mics I'm finding it very easy to get spot on amp in the room tones and miked cab sounds - whichever I'm aiming for at any given time.

wedge , you can stand it on end if you want to use it like a cab
and to the guys suggesting AX7's????? you think those are going to keep up with a live bass player and drummer????
good luck to you especially if you use a 7 string my Rokit 8's are pretty loud and my Polk audio sound system squashes them and I run it no where near as loud
as a real drummer would be playing.

wedge , you can stand it on end if you want to use it like a cab
and to the guys suggesting AX7's????? you think those are going to keep up with a live bass player and drummer????
good luck to you especially if you use a 7 string my Rokit 8's are pretty loud and my Polk audio sound system squashes them and I run it no where near as loud
as a real drummer would be playing.

Did you notice the title of this thread ???

Thread title: For bedroom player, CLR Wedge or Cab?
I'd be pretty pissed off if I found a live bass player and a drummer in my bedroom - just saying ;-)

Reactions: yek
So how do KRK's compare to the Adams? A lot cheaper but can you REALLY hear the difference in quality?

I like the Rokits , but the Adams are definitely a step up. I would've gone for the Adams myself but I scored a pair of rokits used for so dirt cheap
that it would've been no loss if I did't like them.
Rocket Brother there are a couple of threads addressing this question right now that's the juxt of my comment.

I like the Rokits , but the Adams are definitely a step up. I would've gone for the Adams myself but I scored a pair of rokits used for so dirt cheap
that it would've been no loss if I did't like them.
Rocket Brother there are a couple of threads addressing this question right now that's the juxt of my comment.

kmanick, I know you mean well my friend, but to mess a bit with you I'd have say that then those other threads would be the appropriate place to post that reply, as this is about bedroom volumes not about keeping up with a live bass and drummer - these scenarios are worlds apart and a set of quality near field monitors are a great option for what the OP is asking about.
For stage use you are absolutely correct, but again thats another scenario.

Back
Top Bottom