Footswitch to tweak a parameter value

Dave Merrill

Axe-Master
Think I know the answer, and I actually have looked in the Footswitch Guide, but is it possible for a footswitch to increment or decrement a block parameter?

For example, in my Looper layout, I'd like a switch to bump playback volume up, and hold to bump it down.
I don't mean change its channel., and control switches are binary, where I just want up and down from the current value of that parameter.
Am I missing some obvious way to do that?

Not with the FC6/12. Possibly with something that can send custom SysEx, if the same kind of format as the Axe II is used:

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/various-presets-tricks.135770/post-1756549

If you were adding another controller for this type of thing it would probably make more sense to get something that can increment a CC value by a user-set amount. Then you assign that to a modifier, limit the range to what you need and get the ideal step size.

Not with the FC6/12. Possibly with something that can send custom SysEx, if the same kind of format as the Axe II is used:

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/various-presets-tricks.135770/post-1756549

If you were adding another controller for this type of thing it would probably make more sense to get something that can increment a CC value by a user-set amount. Then you assign that to a modifier, limit the range to what you need and get the ideal step size.
Perfect.

And thanks for confirming that there's no way to do this now.

Think I know the answer, and I actually have looked in the Footswitch Guide, but is it possible for a footswitch to increment or decrement a block parameter?

For example, in my Looper layout, I'd like a switch to bump playback volume up, and hold to bump it down.
I don't mean change its channel., and control switches are binary, where I just want up and down from the current value of that parameter.
Am I missing some obvious way to do that?
There is a way to increment/decrement between 4 values in the way you want your switches to work. It won't use your blocks channels, but it will still use channels so you can't switch scenes without losing persistence.

In controllers->envelope/manual choose a Manual (1-5) that you will use for your parameter controls with. Set Channel A to 0% channel D to 100% and B/C for however you want to taper the increments (33.3%/66.6% for B/C will give you even inc/dec between A-D).

Set Effect->Controllers to one foot switch with the Chan Inc/Dec function. Tap/Hold to Inc/Dec.

Now select your parameter and set the modifier as Manual X (whichever you chose). Set the Min-Max for values you want for that parameter.

Ex. With Level min/max set to 0db/20db, channels A-D would inc/dec thru values 0,6.7,13.3,20db.

Having said that, this won't work if you're using controllers for anything else. The same can be done using scene controllers but they will only work per respective scene. Using manual allows the inc/dec to work in any scene.

Interesting, thanks.

Unfortunately, what I'd like is much simpler, but apparently undoable, just simple switches for + and - maybe 1 or 2 db.
Not constrained to a range, just up/down.

Back
Top Bottom