Wish Footswitch ring color change with channel change

Cainer

Experienced
I have a foot-switch assigned to engage/bypass a drive block with the tap function, and the hold function of that same footswitch toggles the channel on the drive between A and B. Currently I have no way to see which channel the drive is currently on - it would be great if when toggling the drive-block channel I could also toggle the color of the footswitch light-ring. Hope that makes sense. If there's a way to do this already, I haven't found it!

Currently I have no way to see which channel the drive is currently on
You can set the footswitch’s screen to display the block name and currently selected channel. I have many per preset placeholder footswitches set up like this specifically so I can see the currently active channel.

the FC's don't ever show what's on the Hold function. the logic for what exists currently is probably so full, if you think about all things it can already do. and with all the permutations possible with showing or not showing hold functions along with tap, toggle, and everything else, it can be a mess even for us to program.

as is, it they won't show the status of the Hold functions.

the FC's don't ever show what's on the Hold function. the logic for what exists currently is probably so full, if you think about all things it can already do. and with all the permutations possible with showing or not showing hold functions along with tap, toggle, and everything else, it can be a mess even for us to program.

as is, it they won't show the status of the Hold functions.
I don't want it to show what's on the hold function, just to change color when channels change. The hold function would toggle between the two channels to make the change. Hopefully that makes sense. The FC text LCD thing does show the hold function while it's being held down, but I can't see that as my foot is over it lol

You can set the footswitch’s screen to display the block name and currently selected channel. I have many per preset placeholder footswitches set up like this specifically so I can see the currently active channel.
True- I just can't really read it that well in the heat of battle - a color would be awesome.

I don't want it to show what's on the hold function, just to change color when channels change. The hold function would toggle between the two channels to make the change. Hopefully that makes sense. The FC text LCD thing does show the hold function while it's being held down, but I can't see that as my foot is over it lol

True- I just can't really read it that well in the heat of battle - a color would be awesome.
But even if it could change per channel the point Chris makes is a good one: the screen and LED rings only and always represent the Tap function.

So even if the ring color could follow the channel, you'd need to assign it to Tap.

But even if it could change per channel the point Chris makes is a good one: the screen and LED rings only and always represent the Tap function.

So even if the ring color could follow the channel, you'd need to assign it to Tap.
which is why I'm wishing for it ;)

Probably best described as footswitch colors assignable per channel of the block.

which is why I'm wishing for it ;)

Probably best described as footswitch colors assignable per channel of the block.
Right, I get the idea for colors per channel. That could happen.

However, getting any item from a Hold function to display for a switch isn't likely to happen.

Many people have wished for a many things to have label/color representation for the Hold function... But Fractal's response has been that those things are for the Tap (primary) function only.

Right, I get the idea for colors per channel. That could happen.

However, getting any item from a Hold function to display for a switch isn't likely to happen.

Many people have wished for a many things to have label/color representation for the Hold function... But Fractal's response has been that those things are for the Tap (primary) function only.
To clarify, I'm not looking for the hold function to be displayed in any way - the hold is simply a way to change the channel - I just want the channel change to be reflected in the ring light color. e.g. If my Drive block is on Channel A, I'd like it to be green. If it's on Channel B, I'd like it to be yellow.

Back
Top Bottom