Footswitch and Expression pedal recommendations

csilva1950

Hi all!

Having had fun with my new Axe-FX II I'm now started to think about getting:

• an expression pedal for toying with Wahmmy effects and Wah-Wah
  • a footswith to control the looper, without getting my hands of the guitar.

I saw that the Behringer FCB1010 is a popular controller with everything, but I don't want to spend, right now, 100+ Euros for something that I don't plan to use all the time.

So I saw this:

For the expression pedal, I saw this one:
Nektar NX-P (I can't post a link...)

For the footswicth, I saw this one:
NUX NMP-2 (I can't post a link...)

All this I can have for less than 50 Euros total.

I guess the Nektar expression pedal would be OK to use with the Axe.

My main doubt is the NUX footswith: will it be able to control the looper (start, stop recording, etc.) or does the looper module only responds to MIDI? Would this NUX NMP-2 work?

I'm really a new to these external controllers, so all the info you can provide would be extremely welcomed!

Thanks!

Last edited:
After I posted this, I've serached a little more and it seems that there is a device called "meloaudio midi commander", but I can't find it on sale anywhere...

Does anyone knows this?

Hi all!

Having had fun with my new Axe-FX II I'm now started to think about getting:

• an expression pedal for toying with Wahmmy effects and Wah-Wah
  • a footswith to control the looper, without getting my hands of the guitar.

I saw that the Behringer FCB1010 is a popular controller with everything, but I don't want to spend, right now, 100+ Euros for something that I don't plan to use all the time.

So I saw this:

For the expression pedal, I saw this one:
Nektar NX-P (I can't post a link...)

For the footswicth, I saw this one:
NUX NMP-2 (I can't post a link...)

All this I can have for less than 50 Euros total.

I guess the Nektar expression pedal would be OK to use with the Axe.

My main doubt is the NUX footswith: will it be able to control the looper (start, stop recording, etc.) or does the looper module only responds to MIDI? Would this NUX NMP-2 work?

I'm really a new to these external controllers, so all the info you can provide would be extremely welcomed!

Thanks!
Hey! So have been on the waitlist for the ev-1 and ev-2 as well. So I didn't feel like waiting anymore so I found an expression pedal on amazon. It's the Paint audio. It works great and it's half the price at $70. You could get 2 for the price of 1. I am very skeptical when it comes to gear, but since Amazon's return policy is awesome I decided to take a chance and if it was junk I was just going to return it. But it was so good I bought another one! Here is the link. Paint Audio Foot Captain Dual... Amazon product ASIN B0C1ZRFN9K

Hey! So have been on the waitlist for the ev-1 and ev-2 as well. So I didn't feel like waiting anymore so I found an expression pedal on amazon. It's the Paint audio. It works great and it's half the price at $70. You could get 2 for the price of 1. I am very skeptical when it comes to gear, but since Amazon's return policy is awesome I decided to take a chance and if it was junk I was just going to return it. But it was so good I bought another one! Here is the link. Paint Audio Foot Captain Dual... Amazon product ASIN B0C1ZRFN9K
Thanks for this reply and for the tip!

This seems awesome, and I'll chem it out later with some more time.

I also saw that they a MIDI foot controller, that could be interesting!

-----------------------------

Jusr regarding, my first question:

"My main doubt is the NUX footswith: will it be able to control the looper (start, stop recording, etc.) or does the looper module only responds to MIDI? Would this NUX NMP-2 work?"

Or in other other words, can a footswitch control the looper or does it really has be a MIDI foot controller?

Thanks!

It seems that some players use this Nektar NX-P without any problems with their Axe, so it should work fine.

But I have no experience with it, just from what I’ve read…

But I guess it won’t damage your Axe being so cheap 😎

Last edited:
After I posted this, I've serached a little more and it seems that there is a device called "meloaudio midi commander", but I can't find it on sale anywhere...

Does anyone knows this?
I have it and it works great, I believe I got it on eBay about a year ago and haven’t used it until now. The only thing I will say is I’m having trouble adding some exp pedal to it to be able to connect it directly and affect the whammy in the console.

Back
Top Bottom