Footpedals, external effects

Newt

Hello,
I just received my AX FX II XL a couple of weeks ago and I love it. Sorry if this question has been
asked before but, has anybody used any of their footpedals(wah, flanger, phasor, etc...) with the
AX FX II? I know the AX FX II can reproduce alot of these effects, but some footpedals have their own
character. I see it has a FX loop but I believe thats for preamps according to the instructions.
Thanks.

Before the AFX input I have a polytune, compressor, wah, univibe and two drives. In the FX loop I have a mini vent rotary, Strymon Flint and a TC Alter Ego delay. Get your gain staging right and it works well. Best of both worlds.

you can run any pedal in front of the axe-fx like you normally would with a regular amp.

the fx loop can be used for these pedals as well, but many prefer to use the fx loop for "post" type effects like reverb, delay, or like you mentioned other preamps etc.

the benefit of using the fx loop is that using the fx loop block in the preset layout, you can place that "insert" point exactly where you want - before the amp sim, after the cab sim, before delay, etc.

Back
Top Bottom