Foot switch question.

dank

Inspired
Hello, all:

I've been using the Axe FX II exclusively for almost six years. I am very comfortable with editing via the unit's front panel as opposed to using Axe Edit.

I just received the AX8, and I find it rather unintuitive in its operation. My main purpose for the unit is live performance. I use other gear for recording. With the Axe FX II, I had it configured that the first five switches on the MFC were presets; the rest were used to turn individual effects on and off.

Now, on to my question: can I configure switches 1-4 for presets and 5-8 as individual controls within each preset?

Thanks.

Dan
P.S. My next question will inquire about scenes-how can I make them work for me?

So, I first hit 2 or 3 to see t a back, the I have to hit F1 before I hit switches 1-5?

Can you please share with me how you do it?
Go into Ax8 Edit... Click on the footcontroller button... Then assign each switch to what you want it to be. I.E. Buttons 1-4 as scenes 1-4 then assign buttons 5-8 as whatever fx you want them to be then assign functions for F switches 1-3.

From the front panel, on the foot switch page, select the switch you want to modify then scroll to the function you want it to be and press enter. Very easy. If you want to set them globally then I think it's somewhere in the setup pages and the manual would be an easy way to find out.

Hello, all:
Now, on to my question: can I configure switches 1-4 for presets and 5-8 as individual controls within each preset?

Thanks.

Dan
P.S. My next question will inquire about scenes-how can I make them work for me?
I have several banks on my AX8 set up as you say for the Axe FX II, 1-4 for presets and 5-8 for FX. What I do to avoid having to use sticky preset or whatever is I make each preset with option to select the other presets directly. So buttons 1234 are set as P1, P2, P3, P4 in each of the 4 presets so I can go from preset 1 to 4, 3 to 2, 4 to 1 etc. Then I use 5 as a Filter for boost, and the other three as whatever FX I need for that preset.

I have found scenes useful once I started building on the idea of using one amp for all sounds. In this format, I think very much like I used to with a single amp and pedalboard. Scenes are awesome for getting the most out of the least number of sound options or blocks. I find it to be closest to the amp/cab/pedalboard experience in sound and mindset.

Back
Top Bottom