Food for Thought

WITELITE

Experienced
With the release of Quantum 10 for the Axe II, that makes 30 major releases of firmware in less than 6 years along with multiples of that in "dot" releases. I realize this is the Axe III forum but it is interesting that we are on version 1.08. Yes we all want Axe Edit, the FC pedals etc but just think of the potential of this device given what we have now.

Well done guys and keep up the good work. Us early adopters are most appreciative.

MM

I do like the idea of being appreciative of what we do have over what we don’t.

I do too...but I usually reserve that for family, philosophical musings, stuff I get for free that enriched my life, random blessings, etc. Not so much when I’m shelling out $2500 for tools I can’t use to their fullest because of proprietary accessories that are ???...but maybe that’s just me.

It’s not just you....but you are particularly vociferous in posting your disappointment in these many threads.

Uh...two brief posts today on a topic that I haven’t posted jack about in a while...others have been posting just as much about it if not more and are expressing WAY more dissatisfaction than I am. I’m happy to pull posts if you don’t believe me.

I do too...but I usually reserve that for family, philosophical musings, stuff I get for free that enriched my life, random blessings, etc. Not so much when I’m shelling out $2500 for tools I can’t use to their fullest because of proprietary accessories that are ???...but maybe that’s just me.

You knew that when you made the decision to purchase no?

Frankly, as tired as some of you may be of hearing it, I’m tired of being told by fanboys how “grateful” I should be. I didn’t get a free Axe3 (and as far as I know neither did anyone else) and last I checked Fractal Audio isn’t a charity...what am I supposed to be grateful for, exactly?

I mean...I’d be grateful to have a free forum where I can express my grievances or give feedback as a customer freely and openly without a bunch of drama and people taking it personally (or mods calling you a “shit-heel”) but it doesn’t seem we have that lately.

As a customer I’d like to hear the words “fair enough” at LEAST as frequently around here as I do “you should be grateful that...”, but again, maybe I’m the only one.

Last edited:
Not grateful - understanding.
I had line 6 products that were 'firmware updateable' - which rarely if ever got updated. I had an elevenrack which was updateable.... once... for money. I've had fractals for a few years now, and around 30 updates... most of them making the unit better ... and it was already great. So - I understand the decision to release before everything is finished.. because nothing is ever finished. Not in this game anyway. Rather have a III without the editor and foot gear than wait for it all to be finished. Just my opinion and I also respect yours.
Thanks
Pauly

With the release of Quantum 10 for the Axe II, that makes 30 major releases of firmware in less than 6 years along with multiples of that in "dot" releases. I realize this is the Axe III forum but it is interesting that we are on version 1.08. Yes we all want Axe Edit, the FC pedals etc but just think of the potential of this device given what we have now.

Well done guys and keep up the good work. Us early adopters are most appreciative.

MM

There is no doubt that Fractal has done outstanding with there updates and have pushed the entire industry to follow their high standards! I give them props for that all the time (and I’m a Line 6 fanboy.)

Where they fall short for me is product launches, distribution, and at times customer interaction on this forum.

I know I’m a early adopter. I always am from just about every music device I have ever purchased. I like being in the bleeding edge where you can help shape a product. So I knew that going into the Axe Fx III.

So I’m not surprised that the launched the III with the Editor or Footswitch. And they have the editor out now which actually is damn fast. And this is nothing strange for this industry. The Line 6 Helix didn’t have a editor for months. But I don’t like programming complicated gear from the in unit UI. That includes the Helix with their amazing UI and the Axe FX III with its much improved system.

What I am surprised at is they launched without scificent units to cover the initial rush ready to go. This waitlist system is painful and with a couple of months more time would have been better for all involved.

I know they are a small company but I’d love to see this improved with the next product launch (I’m looking at you Footswitch.)

It’s also painful only being able to buy direct with no financing and paying additional shipping. That is strange in this industry to me but obviously not a deal breaker.

As far as on this forum I knew when I came back here it was a minefield. Hey it’s Fractals forum and they can run it any way they want. The people here are, passionate for sure. It’s not the way I run my groups but it obviously works for them. This time back I haven’t personally been the target of any animosity (well until everyone reads this, lol) but I have seen some of the mods and admins be a bit harsh to a few new users. Stuff like “read the manual” which was completely warranted where I saw it used, is not really what I do for new coustomers. I think sometimes those of us who have used this gear for years forget just how much of a learning curve that this wonderious box can be. And we get frustrated. But I don’t think that showing that frustration is the best way to help. But I totally get it. I have been troubleshooting and supporting computers and music gear for 30+ years. There are times when it seem the best fix would be a slap, lol.

Why did I say all this? Hopefully to help a great company become even better. You see the guitar modeling market is small. If Fractal does well we all benefit no matter if you are a fanboy of a particular company. The Axe Fx III is a work of art and as I have said before Cliff and his crew are the mad scientists of tone. With a few minor tweaks to how things are done they could be even better. I hope they take this message in that tone.

If not you might not be hearing from me on this forum because I’ve been banned, lol.

As I said above I would have preferred the Editor to roll out with the Axe Fx III but they did get it out quickly. The Footswitch is kinda necessary for someone who isn’t a computer geek like me. What I’m really worried about is the price and I’ll be disappointed if I have to pay additional shipping to get it.

Frankly, as tired as some of you may be of hearing it, I’m tired of being told by fanboys how “grateful” I should be. I didn’t get a free Axe3 (and as far as I know neither did anyone else) and last I checked Fractal Audio isn’t a charity...what am I supposed to be grateful for, exactly?

I mean...I’d be grateful to have a free forum where I can express my grievances or give feedback as a customer freely and openly without a bunch of drama and people taking it personally (or mods calling you a “shit-heel”) but it doesn’t seem we have that lately.

As a customer I’d like to hear the words “fair enough” at LEAST as frequently around here as I do “you should be grateful that...”, but again, maybe I’m the only one.

Good point! This is a business. But the amount of work that thus small company puts in should be noted. They are dam fast with the updates.

On a final note there is a Facebook group for the Axe Fx III that seems helpful and fun too.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/549598248743645

There is no doubt that Fractal has done outstanding with there updates and have pushed the entire industry to follow their high standards! I give them props for that all the time (and I’m a Line 6 fanboy.)

Where they fall short for me is product launches, distribution, and at times customer interaction on this forum.

I know I’m a early adopter. I always am from just about every music device I have ever purchased. I like being in the bleeding edge where you can help shape a product. So I knew that going into the Axe Fx III.

So I’m not surprised that the launched the III with the Editor or Footswitch. And they have the editor out now which actually is damn fast. And this is nothing strange for this industry. The Line 6 Helix didn’t have a editor for months. But I don’t like programming complicated gear from the in unit UI. That includes the Helix with their amazing UI and the Axe FX III with its much improved system.

What I am surprised at is they launched without scificent units to cover the initial rush ready to go. This waitlist system is painful and with a couple of months more time would have been better for all involved.

I know they are a small company but I’d love to see this improved with the next product launch (I’m looking at you Footswitch.)

It’s also painful only being able to buy direct with no financing and paying additional shipping. That is strange in this industry to me but obviously not a deal breaker.

As far as on this forum I knew when I came back here it was a minefield. Hey it’s Fractals forum and they can run it any way they want. The people here are, passionate for sure. It’s not the way I run my groups but it obviously works for them. This time back I haven’t personally been the target of any animosity (well until everyone reads this, lol) but I have seen some of the mods and admins be a bit harsh to a few new users. Stuff like “read the manual” which was completely warranted where I saw it used, is not really what I do for new coustomers. I think sometimes those of us who have used this gear for years forget just how much of a learning curve that this wonderious box can be. And we get frustrated. But I don’t think that showing that frustration is the best way to help. But I totally get it. I have been troubleshooting and supporting computers and music gear for 30+ years. There are times when it seem the best fix would be a slap, lol.

Why did I say all this? Hopefully to help a great company become even better. You see the guitar modeling market is small. If Fractal does well we all benefit no matter if you are a fanboy of a particular company. The Axe Fx III is a work of art and as I have said before Cliff and his crew are the mad scientists of tone. With a few minor tweaks to how things are done they could be even better. I hope they take this message in that tone.

If not you might not be hearing from me on this forum because I’ve been banned, lol.

As I said above I would have preferred the Editor to roll out with the Axe Fx III but they did get it out quickly. The Footswitch is kinda necessary for someone who isn’t a computer geek like me. What I’m really worried about is the price and I’ll be disappointed if I have to pay additional shipping to get it.

Good point! This is a business. But the amount of work that thus small company puts in should be noted. They are dam fast with the updates.

On a final note there is a Facebook group for the Axe Fx III that seems helpful and fun too.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/549598248743645

I like this guy...can we keep him...please?

This is what you deal with when you want the bleeding edge... sad but true. Gotta be flexible or use the axeII+mfc until the AxeIII does what you need. Otherwise you're just irritated at what was entirely predictable. Would have been incredible if Fractal threaded a needle and had a perfect launch, but they've done a pretty incredible job and they have a lot more to be proud of than to be ashamed of.

No idea what this means?!?

Austin

I believe it either means his expectation based on an MI industry standard of free shipping at that price point won’t be met or he doesn’t like the idea of having to pay for shipping for an Axe3 only to have to pay shipping again for a proprietary foot controller that wasn’t launched with it, or both.

I believe it either means his expectation based on an MI industry standard of free shipping at that price point won’t be met or he doesn’t like the idea of having to pay for shipping for an Axe3 only to have to pay shipping again for a proprietary foot controller that wasn’t launched with it, or both.

You pay shipping for everything that Fractal sells. Therefore, the reasonable expectation would be that you would pay shipping for the FC. If you have any other expectation and are then disappointed when that expectation is not met, then you are ridiculous. And Veritechc has never struck me as being quite that ridiculous. So I'm wondering what exactly the phrase "additional shipping" means. Has he already somehow paid shipping for the FC and is now worried that he might have to pay more?

Austin

Back
Top Bottom